1st Class Stories is a UK DVD release. It contains two episodes from the first series, one from the third, one from the fourth, one from the sixth, two from the thirteenth, two from the fourteenth, two from the fifteenth, three from the sixteenth, three from the seventeenth and three from the eighteenth. It was released for Thomas' 70th Anniversary.
Thomas and Friends began life as a collection of stories called "The Railway Series", created by the Reverend W. Awdry to entertain his son Christopher. A cheeky, little blue engine called Thomas the Tank Engine soon made an appearance and has been entertaining children across the world with exciting tales and adventures from the Island of Sodor ever since.
We are celebrating 70 years of Thomas and Friends with a collection of No.1 episodes from the classic live action to the latest CGI. Watch Thomas and his friends in 20 thrilling adventures featuring legendary storytellers Ringo Starr, Michael Angelis and Mark Moraghan.
- Thomas and Gordon
- The Flying Kipper
- The Gallant Old Engine
- Thomas and the Jet Engine
- Snow Tracks
- Henry's Good Deeds
- Charlie and Eddie
- Jitters and Japes
- Happy Hiro
- Stop That Bus!
- Flash Bang Wallop!
- Bust My Buffers!
- Percy and the Calliope
- Steamie Stafford
- The Switch
- Bill or Ben?
- Not So Slow Coaches
- Toad's Adventure
- Duck and the Slip Coaches
- The title of this DVD was chosen by a public poll conducted on the official Thomas and Friends Facebook page.
- The DVD programme content was suggested by Sam Wilkinson and members of the Thomas & Friends fansite, Sodor Island Forums.
- Escape is unrestored on the DVD release, whereas the iTunes release has it restored.
- This is the first time an unrestored version of an episode was shown since the My Little Thomas and the Royal Visitor VHS.
- Just like in The Best of Thomas, the Series 6 opening uses the Thomas & Friends logo.
- Thomas the Jet Engine is in fullscreen on the DVD release, whereas the iTunes release features it in widescreen.
- On the back cover, Gallant Old Engine is titled "The Gallant Old Engine," and Thomas the Jet Engine has its American title.
- To date, this is the final UK release to feature live action animation episodes.
- This DVD was included free with multiple Hornby sets, shortly before Hornby announced that they would be discontinuing their Thomas & Friends range. 
- The back cover lists Snow Tracks and Henry's Good Deeds the other way around.