- “Mud, glorious mud!”
A Happy Day for Percy, originally titled Byron Saves the Day is the sixth episode of Jack and the Sodor Construction Company.
Byron is disappointed when his hard work is being ignored. When Max and Monty's reckless behaviour causes a water pump to burst and Alfie becomes trapped in thick mud, Byron rushes to the rescue and finally gets the attention he deserves.
- The original title for this episode was going to be Byron Saves the Day, although that title is still listed on Virgin TV Anytime's website.
- Alfie's line, "Mud, glorious mud!" comes from the chorus of the popular Flanders and Swann song, The Hippopotamus, which in edition to that, this line was before the episode of the same name came to be.
- This episode marks Byron's last speaking role.
- This is the only Jack and the Sodor Construction Company episode where Thomas does not appear at all.
- The scene of Alfie shouting "Watch out!" appears to be moved from later in the episode due to his arm moving but remaining in the same spot when he starts sinking, and the pool of mud seems to have formed around him already.
- When Byron is cutting out the trench, his treads keep moving after he stops.
In Other Languages
|Dutch||Een gelukkige dag voor Percy|
|German||Ein glücklicher Tag für Percy|