|This article is about 'the excavator'. You may be looking for 'the Talyllyn Railway diesel engine, the Story Library book, the cleaner or the former snack bar manager'.|
Thomas & Friends
Alfie works for the Sodor Construction Company; he loves working hard and handles even the toughest of jobs very well with ease.
Alfie helped save a cat and her kittens one day after being teased by Max and Monty about his size. He was also working with Percy at Maithwaite Forest on Halloween night when Kelly told everyone a scary story about a one-eyed truck. Later, he was saved by Byron when he almost sank into a muddy hole. When Max and Monty carelessly crashed into the lightning tree, he, Oliver and Kelly hold the tree up while Jack goes to fetch the props and the tree is saved. He later helped with the restoration of Great Waterton and helped erect a bandstand in the town.
He later helped with the construction of the Harwick Branch Line along with Jack, Oliver, Max and Monty and later attended the line's ceremony.
Later he, Jack, Oliver, Max and Monty were working on Thomas' Branch Line and he, Oliver and Jack helped cleared the branch line at the Rail Under Road Bridge and Signalbox after Max and Monty dumped their loads on the line.
Alfie is a friendly machine who gets on well with his work and never minds getting dirty or mucky during jobs. He always views his work as fun, though he easily gets seasick.
Alfie's exact basis is currently unknown.
Alfie is painted green with his number painted on his sides and on the back of his cab in white.
|First used||Last used||Sound Effect|
|Jack and the Sodor Construction Company||Jack and the Sodor Construction Company|
- His shovel can be removed and replaced with a jackhammer attachment, like Oliver's.
- Alfie has had a few modifications throughout the television series. These include:
- The Great Discovery:
- The windscreen wipers above his face disappeared.
- Series 12:
- He lost the freckles on his face.
- Sodor's Legend of the Lost Treasure:
- He increased in size.
- The colour of his alloys changed from cream to grey, like Jack's.
- His shovel now has three teeth instead of five.
- His cab-side window was split in two sections.
- The Great Discovery:
- A semi-complete face mask of Alfie was preserved by the Top Props preservation group.
- In Mines of Mystery, it is revealed that Alfie gets seasick on boat rides, complete with a slightly green face after he hit the shore. Due to this, he is the first and only vehicle character with seasickness.
- ERTL (discontinued)
- Take-Along (discontinued)
- Take-n-Play (discontinued)
- Wooden Railway (discontinued)
- TrackMaster (Canada only; discontinued)
- My Thomas Story Library (discontinued)
- Nakayoshi (discontinued)
- Capsule Plarail
- Pocket Fantasy (discontinued)