- “Hurry, kitty-kitty!”
Alfie is upset when Max and Monty tease him about his size at a demolition site by calling him "small fry" and "half pint." Thomas tells him it does not matter as long as he is useful. Later, when Oliver is demolishing a building, Alfie hears a noise inside and goes to investigate. He finds a cat and her three kittens and rescues them before the wall collapses. The other members of the Pack cheer, even Max and Monty, and from then on, Alfie never complains about being small.
- Mirrored stock footage from Thomas' Train and It's Only Snow is used.
- According to storyboards by Robert Gauld-Galliers, Ned was originally going to play a larger role in helping Alfie save the cat and her kittens. However, this idea was cut and Alfie rescues the kittens by himself instead.
- This episode may have been inspired by the annual story, Thomas and the Tickles.
- This Jack and the Sodor Construction Company episode marks the last of a few things:
- Kelly's last speaking role to date.
- Max and Monty's last speaking roles until the twentieth series episode, Mucking About.
- The last episode until the twenty-first series episode, Terence Breaks the Ice in which only one engine appears. In both cases, Thomas is the engine.
- The last episode to use stock footage from episodes of the main show, as well as ones directed by David Mitton, and produced by Clearwater Features. This is also the last time in the franchise stock footage from the main show directed by David Mitton is used.
In Other Languages
|Dutch||Alfie Heeft Jonge Katjes|
|German||Kätzchen für Alfie|
Home Media Releases
UK DVD Boxsets
US DVD Boxsets
- Ultimate Thomas Collection
- Totally Thomas Volume 9
- Thomas' Trusty Friends and On Site with Thomas Double Feature