- References to Bob the Builder and Thomas & Friends have been made in both franchises. These include:
- In the special Scramber to the Rescue, a toy train with an engine resembling Thomas can be seen in the toy factory. It also uses Thomas' whistle sound effect and the coaches are painted like the Green Express Coaches. The face used was taken from a Railway Series illustration by Clive Spong.
- A child in a Bob the Builder costume is seen at a Halloween party in the books Halloween in Anopha and A Ghost on the Track.
- The Minis toy range produced a Construction Toby toy which featured Bob the Builder in his cab, as well as his new 'B' logo all over Toby's paintwork. This makes it the first variant to feature a trademarked character that is not part of a crossover theme. Both franchises are owned by Mattel, meaning no license was required. The Bob the Builder toy promo was also featured on the US checklist, showing four die-cast models.
- Both Bob the Builder and Thomas & Friends characters appeared together in The Official BBC Children in Need Medley from 2009.
- Bob the Builder has appeared in various VHS, DVD and digital download compilation releases with Thomas & Friends and other properties owned by HiT Entertainment. These include HiT Favorites, HiT Children's Favourites, The Little Big Club, Awesome Adventures and ABC For Kids Favourites.
- It has been suggested that plans for the Thomas & Friends spin-off series Jack and the Sodor Construction Company may have been scrapped since HiT Entertainment considered it too similar to Bob the Builder.
- Several cast members have voiced characters in both franchises, namely Colin McFarlane, David Menkin, Rob Rackstraw and Rupert Degas.
*Disclosure: Some of the links above are affiliate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, Fandom will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase. Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.