There are many branch line coaches that belong to the North Western Railway and other international railways.
Toby's Museum Coach
Toby's Museum Coach is a branch line brake coach.
Toby's museum coach is painted dark brown with cream lining and a white roof.
- Series 9 - What Goes Where
- Toby's museum coach was remodelled from a red brake coach.
Thomas' Green Coaches
Thomas had them decorated with ribbons for a wedding in Greece.
- Thomas Visits Pompeii, Thomas Crosses Australia, Thomas and the Cheeky Chimpanzees in Kenya, Thomas' Kangaroo Adventure in Australia, Thomas Travels to Japan, Thomas Makes Scary Faces in New Zealand, Thomas is the Star of the Rio de Janeiro Carnival (one only), Thomas Attends a Greek Wedding, Thomas Sees the Northern Lights in Alaska (one only), Thomas Meets an Artist in Paris, Thomas Celebrates the Chinese New Year and Thomas Picks Up a Special Passenger in London
- Another green coach strongly resembling them appeared in the annual story, Pantomime Pranks. However, it had a white roof.
- TrackMaster (see inside, discontinued)
Several other coaches have also appeared.
In the magazine story, Rain or Shine, two yellow coaches with grey rooftops appeared and were pulled by Thomas and Percy. A pair of other yellow coaches with white rooftops later appeared in India in the twenty-second series. However, their sides were painted green with yellow patches. Their buffers and buffer beams were also painted yellow. They are alternatively seen with the green as pale blue and the yellow as tan, a flipped colour palette from the Blue Narrow Gauge Coaches. Silver Italian coaches have been seen, with teal green sides and cyan lines.
In Big World! Big Adventures!, some coaches were seen in China being pulled by Thomas. These coaches were red with orange lines on their sides. These were also pulled by one of the mean engines in the twenty-fourth series episode, Yong Bao and the Tiger.
- Coaches painted blue, green, black and white were featured in the game "Lift, Load and Haul" on the Official Website.