Long ago, he shared a secret only with Tasha, his childhood friend: Lady. One day, he went to Sodor, where he drew a drawing of the Magic Buffers, which Stacy found years later. He took Lady there. This was a mistake, however, as Diesel 10 came to Sodor, much to the fear of all the other engines, and threatened to destroy her. He made Lady go too fast and she used up all her coal and then crashed her. Burnett was lucky to bring her back to Muffle Mountain. He did his best to fix her up, but couldn't make her steam, nor could he make up for the mistake he made. And he had tried all the coals in the valley. He later married Tasha, but couldn't keep his promise to Tasha about taking her on a trip on Lady. She later died. This saddened Burnett so much that he refused to leave the other side of the mountain, not even to see his granddaughter, Lily. He is good friends with Patch, who often visits him.
Years later, Lily went to see him but went missing one day. Burnett had to find the secret to Lady more than ever and save the magic railroad. When they found her, she brought her special coal from Sodor, the only coal that can make her steam. They had finally restored the railroad and returned to Sodor. This was another mistake, as a few days ago, Diesel 10 had returned to the island to find Lady. But Burnett would not let her down again and, with the help of Thomas, they stopped Diesel 10. It is unknown if Burnett stayed on Sodor to become Lady's driver or if he returned to Shining Time.
- Peter Fonda
- Jared Wall (Young Burnett)
- Jorge Santos (Latin America; voiceover)
- Humberto Solórzano (Latin America; TV Version; voiceover)
- Hubert Gagnon (French speaking Canada; voiceover)
- Shinji Ogawa (Japan; voiceover)
- Mayumi Asano (Japan; Young Burnett; voiceover)
- Christian Brückner (Germany; voiceover)
- Zvika Schwartzberg (Israel; voiceover)
- According to the film's script, Burnett Stone is around 60 years old.