Buster is a simple steamroller who goes about his job with pride and content. He works for the Sodor Construction Company.
Thomas & Friends
Buster likes to think of himself as the "world's fastest steamroller" and often dreams of winning races. This came true when he won a race against Max and Monty on the newly completed Sodor Rally Track.
Buster is a hard worker with heart and commitment in what he does and he is a good dreamer. He goes about his job with glee and pride knowing all is right with the world. What Buster lacks in imagination, he makes up for with heart, commitment, and hard work. He is liked by all the machines for his wonderful enthusiasm and kindness to help with everything.
Buster is based on an Aveling and Porter R10 class steamroller.
Buster is painted brownish-red with yellow and red lining. The words "SODOR CONSTRUCTION Co." are painted on the sides of his roof in yellow, and the alloys of his rollers are painted red.
In concept art, Buster retains a similar livery, but with purple as the main colour rather than the brownish-red used on the final model.
- Jack and the Sodor Construction Company - A Visit from Thomas (does not speak), Percy's Scary Tale (cameo), A Happy Day for Percy (cameo), Thomas and the Moles, Percy Helps Out (cameo) and The Tortoise and the Hare
- 2008 - The Great Discovery
Buster had a role in the cancelled episode, The Importance of Being Patrick.
- Buster is the only member of the Pack in the model era with no visible number. According to Phil Fehrle in an interview with SiF, Buster may have been intended to have a number, though he states that there was not a convenient place to put a number on his bodywork. Darcy would be the only numberless member as of her debut.
- His name was originally meant to be for Oliver. As a result, the description of the Jack Jumps In Livestream on the official UK Youtube Channel incorrectly states that Buster is an excavator.
- He is the second known steamroller on Sodor, the first being George.
- TrackMaster (normal and snowstorm version; discontinued)