- “Whoever caused this disturbance will have me to answer to!”
- ―Sir Topham Hatt
George has been working with the little engines and is waiting for Percy to take him to a new workplace. George is insulting Skarloey and Rheneas when Percy arrives. When they leave, the two engines are pleased to see George go. Percy however is annoyed when George grumbles all the way to an old branch line which is being turned into a new road. Percy is still fuming when he meets Thomas, who advises him to ignore George's rude remarks.
George is enjoying himself as he tears up the old branch line when Thomas races by. George calls to him to admire his work, but Thomas takes no notice. George feels insulted and yells to Thomas he is a useless blue puffball, but Thomas still doesn't hear. Believing that he was ignored, George vows to pay Thomas back.
When they reach the crossing that intersects the unused railway with the active one, George deliberately tarmacs it, knowing it is not properly finished. Thomas soon runs through on the same line; the signalman has forgotten to warn his driver about the tarmacked crossing and Thomas ends up derailing and crashes through a barn.
The next day, Percy explains to Gordon what had happened but the big engine takes no notice. Later on, George is working in a station yard at Crosby when Duck arrives with some trucks. Unfortunately, George is blocking Duck's way while the last truck is still on the main line and the signalman has already set the points for Gordon. Before Gordon and the express can be alerted, Gordon rushes through and hits the truck, sending it flying through the air and smashing to pieces on the ground, much to Duck's horror.
At the next station, Gordon is worried that Sir Topham Hatt will be cross with him. Thankfully, the Fat Controller knows that George is behind all the trouble on the railway and punishes him by sending George to saw wood at the timber yard for an entire week, leaving him feeling miserable. Thomas and Percy arrive to see him and Thomas jokes that George will just be rude as before once his punishment is over, though George sports a smile that may say otherwise.
- Sir Topham Hatt
- Rheneas (does not speak in US version)
- Edward (cameo)
- Troublesome Trucks (cameos)
- Butch (cameo)
- Stephen Hatt (cameo)
- Jem Cole (cameo)
- Farmer Trotter (cameo)
- Refreshment Lady (cameo)
- The Butler (cameo)
- The Mid Sodor Railway Manager (cameo)
- The Inspector with the Bowler Hat (cameo)
- Duke (portrait; cameo)
- Boulder Quarry
- Norramby Fishing Village
- Tidmouth Sheds
- Tower Windmill
- The Scrapyards (mentioned)
- This episode marks George's last speaking and leading role to date.
- Just before Thomas derails, a brake sound effect is heard in the US and international versions of the episode but not the UK version.
- The picture of Duke from Bulldog is seen in the signal box.
- The waiter on Gordon's express is the elephant keeper from Henry and the Elephant repainted with the head of the Inspector with the bowler hat.
- When Gordon says, "I'm the greatest! Just watch me fly by!" the footage is sped up.
- The line "Until Gordon forced it" is heard much earlier in the US script than the UK.
- Duke's old shed can be seen in the background when Thomas and Percy talk to George at the mill.
- This episode most likely took place during the events of Rusty and the Boulder, as Boulder Quarry was seen in this episode. However, in the aforementioned episode, it was stated it was brand new and was also closed in a short amount of time. Furthermore, George is seen at the digging site, meaning he served his week-long punishment and was brought back to the quarry to help.
- According to the 1998 website, George had his roller taken away for a while after this episode.
- This was the last episode to use Thomas' original wincing face.
- In the sixth series episode Gordon Takes a Tumble, Gordon's accident has similar elements to Thomas' here.
- When Percy passes through the fishing village, his train gains a brake van. In addition, when Percy meets up with Thomas, the brake van changes, and in Thomas' shot, the model of a driver or a fireman can be seen laying down in the background.
- In the close up shot George's eyes appear to have scratches on his pupils.
- As the narrator says "Thomas didn't hear," the face of the last truck is crooked.
- Studio equipment is visible at the top screen in Thomas’ point-of-view of the tarmac rails.
- When Thomas breaks through the barn, his wheels appear to have no movement at all.
- In the shot where Thomas bursts out of the barn, the planks briefly change positions and smoke is suddenly bursting out indicating a film cut.
- In a long shot of George in the yard, the track which Gordon runs on dead ends.
- Wires are sticking out of George when he blocks Duck's way and when he is yelling at Thomas.
- When Gordon races through with the express, studio equipment is visible in the shot from Gordon's point of view.
- In some shots of Gordon, he is not pulling any coaches.
- Gordon has Duck's whistle sound when he whistles at the station.
- In the Danish dub, the last line is said by George instead of the narrator.
- George: Bumpy ride on rotten rails. I'm glad it's over.
- Percy: So am I.
- George: I'll show him who's boss!
- Narrator: Suddenly, he saw a truck/freight car on the line ahead.
- Gordon: GET OUT OF MY WAY! (shuts his eyes)
- Narrator: But the truck/freight car wouldn't move until Gordon forced it...
- (The truck/freight car flies through the air and crashes onto the ground smashing into pieces, much to Duck's shock)
- Narrator: ...by accident.
- George: I wanna get rolling again, but I've gotta wait a whole week until I do.
- Thomas: And then you'll be just as rude as ever, eh, George?
- Narrator: I hope not, don't you?
In Other Languages