|This article is about 'the car'. You may be looking for 'the Story Library book'.|
Caroline is a vintage car owned by a cricketer from the Elsbridge cricket club.
The Railway Series
Caroline always refers to her driver as "Master". She does not like high speeds as they overheat her motor. One day, Stepney passed the Elsbridge Cricket Field when a batsman hit a ball which lands in one of his trucks. Unfortunately, Stepney and his crew do not hear the cricketers shout, so four of them pile into Caroline and race after them. At Ffarquhar, they find the missing ball, and, as Caroline is exhausted, Stepney transports them all back with Caroline on a flatbed and the cricketers in a brake van and stay to watch the match.
Thomas & Friends
As in the Railway Series, Caroline and the cricketers went in pursuit of Stepney and the missing cricket ball.
Caroline later helped the Fat Controller to Lady Hatt's birthday, until she broke down again. She was then insulted by George, who later took the Fat Controller to Thomas until he had his own accident.
Caroline enjoys taking leisurely drives along the beautiful Sudrian countryside. She dislikes being pushed along too fast, as it will overheat her engine. She is very calm in nature and appreciates the engines. She loves the occasional picnic where she is parked for the duration. She used to think railway engines were silly, until she discovered how they can save the wear and tear on her wheels.
Caroline is based on a Morris Oxford Bullnose Cabriolet 1926.
Caroline is painted red and gold with her name written on her sides in white.
In the video game Railway Adventures, her rooftop is depicted red.
- 1998 - The Big Speech!
- 2001 - Dents All Round!, A Song for Caroline (does not speak), Railway Ride! and Lorry Trouble
- 2002 - Good as New!
- 2003 - Broken Bridges (does not speak), Where's Wag? (does not speak) and Milk and Motors!
- 2004 - Train Stops Play and Road Ride
- 2006 - Caroline's Cruise and Percy and the Painting (cameo)
- 2007 - The Best Smile (does not speak) and In for Treatment
- 2009 - Night Light Train and New Delivery (cameo)
- 2010 - Thomas Takes Off! and The New Delivery (cameo)
- 2011 - Caroline Camps Out, Caroline's Christmas, Racing on the Rails, and Mirror, Mirror (not seen)
- 2012 - Message Mix-Up!
- 2013 - A Friend in Need
Caroline also appeared in the magazine stories, Double Attraction, Fun With Friends, Parking? No Problem!, Road Ride, Slow Down, Bertie!, Slow Tow, Spotting Shapes, The Best Bridge, and The Open Top Bus.
- Hiroko Emori (Japan; fourth and fifth series)
- Caroline's television series model did not have moving eyes.
- Both George Carlin and Alec Baldwin gave Caroline a Southern accent.
- ERTL (discontinued)
- Wooden Railway (discontinued)
- Motor Road and Rail (discontinued)
- TrackMaster (discontinued)
- Capsule Plarail (normal and metallic)
- Pocket Fantasy (discontinued)
- Royal Hampshire (discontinued)
- Thomas Engine Collection Series (discontinued)
- Trading Cards (discontinued)
- My Thomas Story Library (discontinued)
- Nakayoshi (only with Bulgy)