|This article is about 'the car'. You may be looking for 'the Story Library book'.|
Caroline is a vintage car owned by a cricketer from the Elsbridge cricket club.
The Railway Series
Caroline always refers to her driver as "Master". She does not like high speeds as they overheat her motor. One day, Stepney passed the Elsbridge Cricket Field when a batsman hit a ball that lands in one of his trucks. Unfortunately, Stepney and his crew do not hear the cricketers shout, so four of them pile into Caroline and race after them. At Ffarquhar, they find the missing ball, and, as Caroline is exhausted, Stepney transports them all back with Caroline on a flatbed and the cricketers in a brake van and stay to watch the match.
Thomas & Friends
As in the Railway Series, Caroline and the cricketers went in pursuit of Stepney and the missing cricket ball.
Caroline later helped the Fat Controller to Lady Hatt's birthday, until she broke down again. She was then insulted by George, who later took the Fat Controller to Thomas until he had his own accident. The Fat Controller promised to get help for Caroline after he left.
Caroline enjoys taking leisurely drives along the beautiful Sudrian countryside. She dislikes being pushed along too fast, as it will overheat her engine. She is very calm in nature and appreciates the engines. She loves the occasional picnic where she is parked for the duration. She used to think railway engines were silly, until she discovered how they can save the wear and tear on her wheels.
Caroline is based on a Morris Oxford Bullnose Cabriolet 1926.
Caroline is painted red with black fenders, a gold radiator and a grey rooftop. Her name is written on her sides in white.
In the video game Railway Adventures, her rooftop is depicted red.
- Stepney the "Bluebell" Engine - Train Stops Play
- Duke the Lost Engine - You Can't Win! (possible cameo)
- Hiroko Emori (Japan; fourth and fifth series)
|First used||Last used||Sound Effect|
|Series 4||Series 5|
- Caroline's television series model did not have moveable eyes.
- Both George Carlin and Alec Baldwin gave Caroline a Southern accent.
- Her face design is a standard on matoon cars (nose and mouth on the grill and eyes where her headlights would be).
- ERTL (discontinued)
- Wooden Railway (discontinued)
- Motor Road and Rail (discontinued)
- TrackMaster (discontinued)
- Capsule Plarail (normal and metallic)
- Pocket Fantasy (discontinued)
- Royal Hampshire (discontinued)
- Thomas Engine Collection Series (discontinued)
- Trading Cards (discontinued)
- My Thomas Story Library (discontinued)
- Nakayoshi (only with Bulgy)