Christopher Vere Awdry (born 2 July 1940) is an English writer who wrote The Railway Series from 1983 to 2011. He is the son of Wilbert Awdry, the man who originally created The Railway Series, and was partly responsible for the creation of the books.
- Thomas, Percy and the Coal
- Thomas and Trevor
- The Runaway
- Better Late Than Never
- Thomas and the Missing Christmas Tree
- The Thomas the Tank Engine Man
- The Making of Thomas the Tank Engine
- Run! Thomas & Friends "Steam Locomotive is Alive"
- 70 Years of Friendship
- Secret Journey of Thomas the Tank Engine
- Christopher Awdry also wrote a series of books about the engines of the Eastbourne Miniature Railway.
- Christopher Awdry wrote a book promoting restoration work on the Corris Railway, based on real events called "Hugh goes Sliding". It was illustrated by railway transport artist Johnathan Clay.
- Christopher has stated that his favourite character is Toby.
- Christopher's opposition to the new format versions of the Railway Series in 1998, but Egmont Publishing has published the books. As a result, the new format was discontinued and scrapped due to negative feedback.
- In Sodor: Reading Between the Lines, he stated that Thomas Goes Fishing, Dirty Objects, Peter Sam and the Refreshment Lady and Thomas Comes to Breakfast were some of his favourite stories. He also added that Thomas Goes Fishing and Thomas Comes to Breakfast were also some of his father's favourite stories as well.
- Sodor Island Fansite (Sif) planned to interview with Christopher in August 2011 but unfortunately was cancelled.