In Day of the Diesels, Dart complained about needing a new crane and hides Flynn's hose in the rubbish by order of Diesel 10.
He then helped Thomas fix Ol' Wheezy and later fixed Gordon's bufferbeam.
In the eighteenth series, he hid from Paxton along with Diesel, Den and Sidney causing Paxton to make an island-wide search for them.
At one point, Mavis had an accident, and Den was forced to replace her at the quarry. Dart was distraught at being separated from his best friend, and was slow to start repairing Mavis. When Mavis reminded him that the quicker she was fixed, the sooner he could be back with Den. Dart took her advice and soon, Den returned.
Dart works at the Vicarstown Dieselworks supporting and assisting Den. Den and Dart have worked together for so long that Dart can often guess what Den is thinking before he can get it out himself. Although not so much the thinker of the duo, he is usually the doer and can be the chattier of the two. He quickly buzzes about the Dieselworks, occasionally bashing, crashing, and clanging into things. He can be heard to grumble "Dizzy Diesels!" when something goes wrong. Dart is very able in his work and a valuable team player. Despite being small in size, he is feisty and fast. Dart also likes jokes, sometimes to the annoyance of the other Diesels. If feeling bothered, particularly by the steam engines, Dart is far from devious, but can get grumpy, gruff, irritable, cantankerous, and sometimes cheeky too, but otherwise he is the quick-witted assistant of the Dieselworks.
Dart based on 0-4-0 diesel-hydraulic shunter no. 3207 "Leys" built by W. G. Bagnall. It was the last locomotive built by Bagnall before the firm was taken over by English Electric. It is now preserved on the Foxfield Railway, along with Harvey's basis. Natalie is another member of this class.
Dart is painted yellow and maroon with white lining and the Dieselworks logo on the sides of his cab. He has yellow and black hazard stripes painted on his bufferbeams.
- Rupert Degas (UK/US; Day of the Diesels - sixteenth series)
- Steven Kynman (UK/US; seventeenth series onwards)
- Kunihiro Kawamoto (Japan)
- Stig Krogstad (Norway; Day of the Diesels only)
- Christian Greger Strøm (Norway; fifteenth - seventeenth series)
- Lennardt Krüger (Germany; Day of the Diesels - sixteenth series)
- Christian Rudolf (Germany; seventeenth series onwards)
- Jan Kulczycki (Poland)
- Jorge Ramírez (Latin America; Day of the Diesels - nineteenth series)
- Stan Limburg (The Netherlands)
- Fabrice Trojani (France and French speaking Canada)
- Juan Navarro Torelló (Spain)
- Yehonatan Magon (Israel)
- Denis Bespaliy (Russia; seventeenth and eighteenth series)
- Anton Savenkov (Russia; nineteenth series onwards)
- Petri Hanttu (Finland; Day of the Diesels onwards)
- Haris Grigoropoulos (Greece)
|First used||Last used||Sound Effect|
|First used||Sound Effect|
|Guess Who Puzzle|
- In the nineteenth series, Dart gained a permanent lamp, standard tail lamp and brake pipes.
- Dart shares the same horn sound as Norman, along with sharing the same horn sound with 'Arry in a Guess Who puzzle.
- “Dizzy diesels!”
- ―Dart whenever he gets frustrated