In 2011, Dart made his debut in the special, Day of the Diesels.
From his introduction in 2011 until 2012, Dart was voiced by Rupert Degas (UK/US) in the CGI version of the series on both sides of the Atlantic, respectively. Since 2013, Dart has been voiced by Steven Kynman, also in both English dubs.
Dart is based on the Bagnall No. 3207 Leys.
Behind the Scenes
In 2009, the series introduced Computer-Generated Imagery (CGI) as a replacement for the show's long-standing live-action models. In 2010, Dart was modelled in full CGI by Nitrogen Studios for the 2011 film, Day of the Diesels. The model was "hand-sculpted" in Maya, a 3D animation and modelling software.
- Rupert Degas (UK/US; Day of the Diesels - sixteenth series)
- Steven Kynman (UK/US; seventeenth series onwards)
- Kunihiro Kawamoto (Japan)
- Stig Krogstad (Norway; Day of the Diesels only)
- Christian Greger Strøm (Norway; fifteenth - seventeenth series)
- Lennardt Krüger (Germany; Day of the Diesels - sixteenth series)
- Christian Rudolf (Germany; seventeenth series onwards)
- Jan Kulczycki (Poland)
- Jorge Ramírez (Latin America; Day of the Diesels - nineteenth series)
- Gabriel Ortiz (Latin America; twenty-third series only)
- Stan Limburg (The Netherlands)
- Fabrice Trojani (France and French speaking Canada)
- Juan Navarro Torelló (Spain)
- Yehonatan Magon (Israel)
- Denis Bespaliy (Russia; seventeenth and eighteenth series)
- Anton Savenkov (Russia; nineteenth series onwards)
- Petri Hanttu (Finland; Day of the Diesels - fifteenth series)
- Bruno Lähteenmäki (Finland; twenty-second series onwards)
- Haris Grigoropoulos (Greece)