Dinos and Discoveries is a UK, US, Canadian, AUS, Dutch, Taiwanese, Brazilian, French, Spanish, and Polish DVD containing six episodes from the eighteenth series.
All aboard for a roaring good time with Thomas and his friends! The engines are filled with wonder at the fantastical new sights and sounds on Sodor. Volcanoes sizzle and dinosaurs roar as the engines help the Earl with a special surprise. Marion experiences some dino daydreams, as Bill and Ben send Timothy on an expedition for a rainbow-coloured truck/colored car. Samson discovers his slip-ups cause confusion and delay, while Emily marvels at her giant and worldly Special. It's time for big adventure and dino-sized fun with Thomas & Friends™!
- Marion and the Dinosaurs *
- Millie and the Volcano *
- Timothy and the Rainbow Truck/Car *
- Samson at Your Service *
- Emily Saves the World *
- Samson Sent for Scrap
*Followed by a Bonus Feature
- Calling All Engines! - Diesel and Caitlin
- Mr. Perkin's Storytime - Edward and Gordon
- The Earl's Quiz - Kevin's Cranky Friend and Thomas and the Runaway Kite
- Mr. Perkins' Postcards - The Shunting Yard
- Who's That Engine - Gordon
- Really Useful Certificate (DVD ROM Print Off; Awarded from "Who's That Engine?") *
- Hey, Hey Thomas! sing-along song
- Guess Who? puzzles - Marion and Samson
- The Dutch DVD release was going to be released for 24 March 2015, but the date was pushed back to 26 May.
- The UK DVD includes the trailer of The Adventure Begins.
- This is the last US DVD to date, aside from the specials, to feature French narration as a language selection along with English and Spanish. After this, the US non-special DVDs only featured the options of English and Spanish.
- According to Ian McQue, the episodes in the DVD were going to be part of Series 19, but were moved to Series 18 when the episodes on Spills and Thrills were moved to Series 17.
- This DVD is used as Disc 2 of The Complete Series 18 DVD as a bonus disc distributed by Mattel Creations but nothing has changed as it starts with the HiT Entertainment logo and has its same advertisements.
- David Baas is mistakenly credited as the director during the opening of the UK and Australian DVDs.
- In the end credits, William Middleton is credited for the Edward and Gordon illustrations, even though they were re-done by C. Reginald Dalby.
- The UK DVD said the main feature is 60 minutes, but the bonus features are paired with the episodes.
- On the US DVD, Keith Wickham is credited twice.
- The Mr. Perkins segments are switched around on the US DVD.
- On the back cover of the Australian DVD:
- Annie's graphic is not aligned correctly so part of her frame appears to be missing.
- It states that the release does not feature subtitles. However, subtitles are actually available on the disc.
- Volcano Deluxe Set
- Dino Fossil Delivery
- The Adventure Begins and Dinos and Discoveries Double Pack