Down at the Station is a series of informative live-action segments featured on Thomas & Friends DVDs in the UK and in between episodes on PBS in the US, as well as the official Thomas & Friends YouTube channel. They are produced by Leighton Cheal and directed by Ben Hall. In the series, real operating railways are presented, showing what passengers do during journeys, and informing viewers of what railway staff do at work.
- Passengers (Hero of the Rails DVD; UK and AUS)
- The Railway Line (Creaky Cranky DVD; UK)
- Water (Misty Island Rescue DVD; UK and AUS)
- Whistle (Wobbly Wheels and Whistles DVD; UK)
- Steam Engine (The Lion of Sodor DVD; UK, Marvellous Moments!; US)
- Morning (Pop Goes Thomas DVD; UK, Season 16 (Digital Download) "A Friend in Need"; US)
- Diesel Engines (Day of the Diesels DVD; UK and AUS, Season 16 (Digital Download) "All Together Now"; US)
- Driver (The Birthday Express DVD; UK)
- The Guard/The Conductor (US) (Thomas in Charge! DVD; UK, Season 16 (Digital Download) "If a Job's Worth Doing"; US)
- Fireman (Up, Up and Away! DVD; UK)
- Coal (Merry Winter Wish DVD; UK)
- The Level Crossing (Rescue on the Rails DVD; UK, Season 16 (Digital Download) "Let it Snow"; US)
- The Signalman (Curious Cargo; UK)
- Going Backwards (Sticky Situations; UK)
- The End of the Line/End of the Line (US) (Go Go Thomas! DVD; UK, Season 16 (Digital Download) "Don't Give Up"; US)
- Evening (Muddy Matters DVD; UK)
- Points (Merry Christmas, Thomas! DVD; UK)
- Engines (Big Bang Surprise DVD; UK)
- The Engine Shed (Official Thomas and Friends YouTube Channel; UK, Season 16 (Digital Download) "Chuffing with Pride"; US)
- The Engineer/The Workman (Official Thomas and Friends YouTube Channel; UK)
- In the segment "Evening" you can see a locomotive made up to look like Thomas in a shot of the yards.
- The whistles that can be heard in this segment is Spencer, and the Rainbow Sun.
- At the end of the original "Whistle" segment, the camera on top of an engine's roof gets knocked over by a tree branch. This was later cut from the video, but it is still shown in the Wobbly Wheels and Whistles UK DVD.
- "The End of the Line" was renamed "End of the Line" in the US, but Michael Brandon still says "The End of the Line".
- During "Fireman", a camera crane and a cameraman are seen.
- When the driver first uncouples the engine in "The End of the Line", the locomotive is facing away from the carriages, but in the next shot the locomotive is facing towards the carriages (its reflection is in the carriage window).