|This article is about the episode. You may be looking for the Buzz Book.|
- “I told you so. Why not let Henry try?”
Edward, Gordon and Henry, retitled Henry to the Rescue in American releases, is the fourth episode of the first series.
Gordon always pulls the big Express and is proud to be the only one strong enough to do so. One day, he heads down the line, when he sees Henry's Tunnel, where Henry has been left bricked up and abandoned for refusing to come out. Henry feels sorry for himself, because of the time he worried about the rain spoiling his green paint and red stripes and begins to wonder if the Fat Controller will ever forgive him and let him out again, because he did not know how to ask and would like to come out of the tunnel.
Gordon plans to whistle rudely at Henry, but goes so fast that his safety valve bursts, and is forced to stop just in front of the tunnel. The Fat Controller is annoyed and orders another engine to come take the Express, while Gordon is uncoupled and moved onto a siding. Henry sees and can only laugh.
Edward is summoned to take the express, but finds that he is not strong enough to take it. Gordon suggests that Henry should be let out of the tunnel to pull and the Fat Controller agrees. Henry is freed from the tunnel and pulls the express with Edward pushing from behind. The Fat Controller sticks his head out the window to wave to the engines, but the train moves fast enough for his hat to be blown off into a field where a goat eats it for tea. The two keep running until they reach the station at the end of the line and on the way home help Gordon back to the sheds.
Henry is rewarded with a new coat of paint, and now knows that he does not have to run into a tunnel to keep his paint dry, but does not mind the rain, and now asks his driver to give him a washdown after the day's work is done.
- This episode is based on the story of the same name from The Railway Series book, The Three Railway Engines.
- The events of this episode were mentioned by Edward in The Adventure Begins.
- This is the first episode not to feature Thomas.
- Stock footage from The Sad Story of Henry is used.
- In a deleted scene, a circuit-board can be seen near the tracks.
- A deleted scene shows the Fat Controller wearing his hat at Wellsworth despite losing it on the way.
- Ringo Starr's US narration is slightly out of sync from the point when Henry leaves the tunnel to when he arrives at Wellsworth.
- When Gordon says "I'm going to poop, poop at Henry," studio equipment is visible in the top right corner. As Gordon slows down, studio equipment is visible in the top right corner and his drive wheels are going backwards.
- After being uncoupled from his coaches, as Gordon passes over the points, his trailing wheels jam as he moves offscreen.
- Gordon rolls over the points incorrectly; he should have gone over the crossover, but he instead goes straight ahead.
- When Gordon moves to the siding, he passes the points and the coaches later change position without explanation.
- When Gordon says "Edward can't push the train," his eyes shift very quickly, indicating a film cut.
- When Edward and Henry set off, Gordon is derailed.
- While Henry is in the tunnel, his face is covered with black dust, but in the close up of Henry going backwards from the tunnel, he is spotless because it is footage from earlier episodes. The same thing happens after Henry has pulled the express through the tunnel. And when he arrives at the station, he is spotless again.
- Gordon sets off from Knapford and heads towards Vicarstown. When Edward and Henry set off, they head in the same direction but ended up at Wellsworth, which is in the opposite direction.
- Because stock footage is used, the scene where the Fat Controller tells Henry to turn around is darker and blue ink can be seen smeared on his hand.
- Gordon's express train has two brake coaches.
- When Edward and Henry set off, you can see that as the scene ends, the last coach is passing Gordon, but in the next scene, the coach can be seen passing him again. Also, in that same scene, Gordon is derailed.
- When Henry passes the goat, Edward is not behind the train.
- In the close-up of Henry when he is coming out of the tunnel, his cylinder red stripe is sticking out.
- When the Fat Controller asks Henry to pull the train Gordon is not seen in front of the buffers.
- Blu-Tack is visible under some of the people's feet.
- When Edward says "I'm ready," he already starts to move because stock footage from earlier in the episode is used.
- The narrator says that Gordon, Henry, and Edward are heading to Tidmouth Sheds, but when they got there, Edward is missing.
In Other Languages
Home Media Releases