- “I'll never deliver the parcels on time now.”
Edward and the Mail is the fourteenth episode of the eleventh series.
Percy is in need of maintenance and the other engines nominate Edward to do the mail run, thinking that he knows what to do. Edward does not, but so as not to look inexperienced, he decides to collect the mail anyway. Unfortunately, he mixes all the deliveries up; dropping Farmer McColl's parcels off at Maithwaite, giving party equipment to Abbey School, and unloading the school supplies at Farmer McColl's. When Edward discovers he has mixed everything up, he collects the parcels again and tries to get them to the right places, but he is in such a hurry that he takes a wrong turn and runs into a barrier on a closed branch line. Edward realizes that he needs Percy's help and goes to the works, where Percy explains he just starts at the furthest away location and then works his way back to Tidmouth. Edward finally does everything right and feels wiser for taking advice.
- Sir Topham Hatt
- Farmer McColl (does not speak)
- James (cameo)
- Annie and Clarabel (cameo)
- Stephen Hatt (cameo)
- Bridget Hatt (cameo)
- Sir Topham Hatt's Assistants (cameos)
- Alice (cameo)
- Kirk Ronan Junction
- Dryaw School
- Gordon's Hill
- Tidmouth Sheds
- McColl Farm
- Knapford Yards
- The Works
- The Windmill
- Going by production order, this is the eighteenth episode of the eleventh series.
- In the US narration, just like throughout the rest of the eleventh series, Henry speaks with a Southern accent, as does the Wellsworth stationmaster. As this is his last speaking role of series 11, this is the last time he speaks with a southern accent.
- James' eyes are slightly wonky when he goes up Gordon's Hill.
- In the UK narration, Michael Angelis refers to the Fat Controller as "Sir Topham Hatt" when he tells Edward to collect the parcels at Wellsworth.
In Other Languages