|For other uses, see Emily (disambiguation).|
Emily, re-titled Emily the Stirling Engine in 2011, is the twenty-fifth book in the My Thomas Story Library series.
Emily comes to Sodor and gets to know Thomas, but Thomas soon takes a sudden dislike after Emily takes Annie and Clarabel. After saving both Thomas and Oliver from a crash, however, Emily soon makes new friends. Later, Emily takes the Black Loch run and finds it rather scary after hearing a story of a monster, but she finds out that the monster of Black Loch turns out to be a family of seals.
- This book is based on the seventh series episode, Emily's New Coaches and the eighth series episode, Emily's New Route.
- This once came free with a Thomas Magazine.
- In 2015, this book (along with five others) was sold as a website-exclusive book pack with a Wooden Railway Emily.
- On the front cover of some editions, Emily appears to have pink lips like she is wearing lipstick (like Rosie). This also happened to Molly.
- In the second to last illustration, Thomas' wheels are oversized.
- Edward is depicted with a 2-6-0 wheel arrangement.
In Other Languages