Thomas wants to gather the engines to discuss how to build an airport on the Island of Sodor. Find the engines by moving the joystick to collect the missing letters to complete their names. Watch out for the obstacles the might roll into your path. In the difficult level, you must select the track section with the correct letter at the traffic branch, then press ENTER to confirm.
After the second stage, Thomas puffs into a dark cave. Find the exit and collect as many bonuses as you can.
Flying to the Rescue
Harold is a good-hearted helicopter, Complete the missions assigned by Sir Topham Hatt by flying to the objects shown in the left corner. Press ENTER to carry out the rescue. When Harold flies over the airfield. press ENTER to fill up his energy. Watch out for the dark clouds!
Curriculum: Directions and Picture Matching
Thomas forgot to collect the cargo. Help Harold catch-up to Thomas and load the color coordinated cargo that he left behind. Press ENTER to load the cargo. Move Harold up to avoid the buildings. Load the cargo before Thomas arrives at each station and you will get a higher score. Watch out for the flying objects!
Bertie Beats the Clock
Thomas' boiler is grumbling. Bertie must help to transport the school children to three stations on time. Avoid puddles, oil spills, dirt and other vehicles along the way to keep the children safe. Drop off the correct amount of school children at each station by following the number at the top of screen and press ENTER to stop. Keep an eye on the time, otherwise the children will miss the train. While Bertie is waiting, Trevor and Terence will ask him some questions. Help Bertie to answer the questions by using the colored buttons. A shortcut to the station will be rewarded to you if you answer correctly.
Fill up the Troublesome Trucks by selecting the correct type of recyclable items from the conveyor belts. You can use the joystick to select the object and press ENTER to place the item into the trucks. The Troublesome Trucks will react if you fill them with the right or wrong item.
Keep an eye on the time and sort different sizes of objects to the correct trucks. You can use the joystick to move Percy.
Curriculum: Size Sorting
Count the Engines
You are responsible for counting how many engines pass through the station. You can press ENTER to add an engine to the counter. Watch the replay to see how you did!
Fix the Tracks
Thomas is on his way! Fix the track pieces before he arrives! You can move the joystick to choose the track.
The Sing Along mode contains two songs with different volume and voice settings. Use the joystick to select your favorite song, characters and settings and press ENTER on the ENTER icon to start the song.
This mode, as it is with most V.Smile games, is only accessible to later releases.
The Engine Depot mode contains ten different characters profiles. Use the joystick to select the characters you wish to visit and press ENTER to read their profile.
- Duck (does not speak)
- Donald and Douglas
- Bill and Ben (do not speak)
- Duncan (does not speak)
- Duke (does not speak)
- Instrumental tracks of Surprises, Emily and A World Around You are used, as well as music inspired by the show.
- In some releases of this game, it is bundled with a blue V.Smile.
- Most of the TV show-inspired music from this game (alongside other Vtech Thomas merchandise) is reused in the Hero of the Rails video game.
- After the game was re-released in 2008 with the V-Motion features, for the US version, Michael Brandon's narration was replaced with an unknown female one and the music sounds slightly different. The UK version has a different male narrator for some parts of the game and even replaces Michael Angelis' instructions on all the games in Learning Adventure and Learning Zone activity menus.
- On the V.Motion re-release, The "Size Sorting" game is removed for unknown reasons with the Thomas & Friends logo taking it's place and the Sing-Along activity is added.
- Skarloey, Duncan, and Duke run on the same gauge as the standard gauge engines.
- Arthur's wheels are black instead of red.
- James' side rods are gold instead of silver.
- Toby and Mavis are oversized.
- The sprite for Trevor is actually Fergus repainted green.
- When Arthur is facing left, his sprite is mirrored, meaning his "LMS" lettering is mirrored as well.
- In "Recycle Challenge", the Troublesome Trucks actually move by themselves, with no steam engines pulling them, even though chuffing sounds are heard.
- Also on the 2007 and 2009 V.Motion re-releases, the trucks have no wheels. And on the US 2007 re-release, glass is actually pronounced by Michael Angelis, instead of Michael Brandon.
- Mavis and Diesel 10 make puffing sounds, even though they are diesel engines. Diesel 10 however, makes rumbling sounds in the Engine Depot.
- Several engines use the wrong whistle or horn sound, or don't make any sounds at all. These include the following:
- Emily shares the same whistle sound as Henry.
- Donald and Douglas both have Duck's whistle sound.
- Fergus shares the same whistle sound as Spencer.
- Mavis has Diesel's horn sound.
- Diesel 10 has a low pitched version of Derek's horn sound.
- Bertie's horn is low pitched.
- Duck, Bill, Ben, Arthur, Duncan, and Duke have no whistle sounds.
- Donald and Douglas have no coal in their tenders.