The Railway Series
Once, James picked up a special load of eggs from a battery farm. James' driver explained how battery worked and that the eggs were for the children. When some chickens strayed onto the track and his trucks broke, Farmer Finney and Terence helped deliver the load to the school while help arrived.
Thomas & Friends
One Christmas, Farmer Finney and Terence were helping to collect Christmas trees, including a giant one for the Earl of Sodor. The weight of the tree caused the ice of a frozen pond to break, and Terence to fall into the freezing water. Farmer Finney was able to save himself and called to Thomas for help. Finney assisted in Terence's rescue by attaching a chain to the tractor, allowing Thomas to pull him to safety. Finney and Terence then attended a Christmas Party at Ulfstead Castle.
- Tank Engine Thomas Again - Thomas, Terence and the Snow (cameo)
- Toby, Trucks and Trouble - Toby Takes the Road (does not speak)
- Thomas and Victoria - Toby's Vintage Train (cameo)
- Despite not having any speaking roles in the television series until Series 21, his name was revealed in the 1996 annual story, James Gets Cracking. He also had a couple of speaking roles in the magazines, but was never referred to by name. He also had a speaking role in the 1993 audio story Thomas and the Best-Kept Station Competition but was never referred to by name.
- Despite being owned by Farmer Finney, Terence has also been driven by Jem Cole, Farmer McColl and Farmer Collett.
- Farmer Finney's television model is currently on display at Drayton Manor.
- His CGI model is retooled from the stout member of the Sodor Brass Band and keenly resembles Sir Topham Hatt.