Farmer Trotter is the owner and operator of a pig farm. He also keeps bee hives and has been known to herd sheep. According to a magazine article, he also keeps cows and chickens and grows carrots and potatoes. Jem Cole, Terence and Trevor sometimes work on his farm.
Farmer Trotter is good friends with Farmer McColl and Jem Cole. He presumably worked on several other farms before he got his own farm, including Farmer McColl's and another along the Skarloey Railway. He was part of the team that found Duke and has also driven Trevor on occasion.
Farmer Trotter also has his own field which does not appear to be located near his pig farm. The field is occupied by cows which presumably belong to him.
Farmer Trotter is very proud and upbeat about looking after his very own farm. He is very protective of his pigs and always puts them ahead of himself.
Farmer Trotter wears a dark green waistcoat over a white t-shirt, with brown trousers and black boots.
- Matt Wilkinson (UK; thirteenth series onwards)
- Kerry Shale (US; thirteenth series onwards)
- Joshy Peters (Germany; thirteenth series onwards)
- Harald Dietl (Germany; Audio Books only)
- Christian Greger Strøm (Norway; thirteenth - sixteenth series)
- Daniel del Roble (Latin America; thirteehth series onwards)
- Marek Robaczewski (Poland; thirteenth series onwards, excluding Buzzy Bees)
- Sławomir Pacek (Poland; Buzzy Bees only)
- Hirohiko Kakegawa (Japan; third series only)
- Naoki Kinoshita (Japan; fifth series only)
- Kan Tanaka (Japan; thirteenth series onwards, excluding the fourteenth series)
- Nobuaki Kanemitsu (Japan; fourteenth series only)
- Fabrice Trojani (France and French speaking Canada)
- Jorge Teixeira (Spain)
- Pasi Ruohonen (Finland; thirteenth series onwards)
- His name has two meanings: Horse bred or trained for the sport of harness racing and a pig's foot used as food.
- There is a workman that resembles him who works at the Clay Pits, but it is unknown if it is him or not.
- In the fifth season, his head was repainted with a unibrow and stubble as seen in Lady Hatt's Birthday Party and Bye George!.