Fernando is a diesel shunter who works in Brazil.
Thomas & Friends
Fernando was first seen at Guanabara Bay when Sir Topham Hatt was looking for Thomas. He told him that he saw the tank engine taking coffee to San Francisco. He then proceeded to dance along to the music after Topham was dragged away by a group of people taking part in the carnival.
Thomas encountered Fernando when he was delivering machine parts. The diesel complimented Thomas on the sounds that his moving parts were making, saying that he had a good rhythm going and suggested that he go to the carnival.
Fernando is very polite and tries to be helpful to anyone he meets. He seems to have a habit of pointing out when someone repeats him, and will say "That's what I just said!" whenever they do so.
Fernando is painted aqua and light grey with aqua straps across the top of his bonnet. He has red wheels, a red headlamp and has black and yellow hazard stripes on his front.
- Gabriel Porras (UK/US)
- Kento Shiraishi (Japan)
- Gabriel Ortiz (Latin America)
- Ingo Mess (Germany)
- Tuukka Leppänen (Finland)
- Alessandro Imperador (Brazil)
- His model is a modified version of one of the Mainland Diesels.
- In Thomas and Friends: Adventures, he had Flynn's horn - however, he has a different horn in the television series as of Thomas and the Forest Engines.