In Enterprising Engines, Sir Topham Hatt mentions that Gordon's brothers have all been scrapped, with the exception of Flying Scotsman. This made Gordon feel sad, so the Fat Controller arranged for Flying Scotsman to visit in order to cheer him up.
According to the annuals, Sir Topham Hatt is so impressed with Gordon that he wishes he could purchase another engine just like him. Though, he vows never to tell Gordon as this would make the big blue engine jealous.
- Enterprising Engines - Tenders for Henry (mentioned)
- James and the Diesel Engines - Fire-Engine (mentioned)
- 1992 - Galloping Sausage (mentioned)
List of Names
|1923 - 1924||1924 - 1946||1946 - 1948||1948 - 1963||Name|
|1471||4471||102||60102||Sir Frederick Banbury|
|1472||4472 → 502||103||60103||Flying Scotsman|
|1479||4479||110||60110||Robert the Devil|
|2553||54||60054||Manna/Prince of Wales|
|2564||65||60065||Knight of the Thistle/Knight of Thistle|
|2576||77||60077||The White Knight|
- Seventy-nine LNER A1 and A3 Pacifics were produced: Fifty-two A1s were built, fifty-one of those were rebuilt into A3s, the first one was rebuilt into an A1/1 and twenty-seven A3s were newly built. Lemberg and Pretty Polly were other members of this class. The Flying Thistle and a Workshop Engine are based on them. A list of all these locomotives can be found here.
- All of the locomotives were named after racehorses, with the exceptions of Great Northern, Sir Frederick Banbury, Flying Scotsman, Prince of Wales, Centenary and Dick Turpin (Although a racehorse was later given the name Dick Turpin in 1933, nine years after the locomotive received its name)
- A few of Gordon's siblings were named after female race horses. This would make them his sisters such as Blink Bonny, Pretty Polly, Tagalie, Sceptre, and Shotover.
- These locomotives were also Mallard, Green Arrow, Spencer and Ryan's cousins.
- In the television series, scrapped engines of the same class have been seen throughout various scrapyards on Sodor.