|For other uses, see Gordon (disambiguation).|
- “Don't play around with the trucks, Edward. It isn't wrong but we just don't do it!”
Gordon, re-titled Gordon the Big Engine in 2011, is the sixteenth book in the My Thomas Story Library series.
One day, Gordon cannot get up the hill until Edward comes to his rescue. The following day, Gordon implies that Henry whistles too much. Later, Gordon's whistle valve jams and cannot stop whistling.
- This book is based on the stories "Edward and Gordon" and "Gordon's Whistle" from the Railway Series books, The Three Railway Engines and Henry the Green Engine.
- The book was released with a CD narrated by Michael Angelis in 2007.
- In 2015, this book (along with five others) was sold as a website-exclusive book pack with a Wooden Railway Gordon.
- In the fourth illustration, Gordon's tender does not have axle boxes.
- In one illustration, Gordon's crank pin is missing.
- In the sixth illustration (also used on the cover), Gordon's funnel is a bit taller.
- The French version is titled "Gordon le petit train". This is inaccurate since "petit" means "small" and the word "locomotive" (engine) exists in French as is.