Hee-Haw is a steam donkey crane that is stationed on Misty Island.
Thomas & Friends
When Thomas refused to work with Ol' Wheezy, he had Hee-Haw put to use to move the Jobi Wood. The Logging Locos tried to tell Thomas not to use Hee-Haw as he uses a lot of oil, which they need to run.
Later, Hee-Haw had ran out of oil and he bellowed thick black smoke all over Thomas, James and the Fat Controller. Dash's driver had to repair Hee-Haw and refuel him with oil. During winter time, Hee-Haw and Ol' Wheezy were decorated for the Misty Island Christmas party.
Despite not being sentient, Hee-Haw is referred to as a male and according to Bash, Dash and Ferdinand they describe him as "plain crazy".
Hee-Haw is based on Swansboro Land and Lumber Railroad's steam donkey, widely used in logging operations.
- Series 14 - Jumping Jobi Wood!, Jitters and Japes and Merry Misty Island
- Series 15 - Happy Hiro, Let it Snow, Stop That Bus! and Tree Trouble
- Series 16 - Ol' Wheezy Wobbles, Welcome Stafford! and The Christmas Tree Express
- 2010 - Misty Island Rescue
- Nobuaki Kanemitsu (Japan)
- Due to the nickname of his basis, Hee-Haw's name is derived from the American English onomatopoeia of a donkey's bray.
- Hee-Haw is the second non-sentient crane to be named on screen (the first being Ol' Wheezy). However, Hee-Haw can speak in the Japanese dub.
- Cranes resembling Hee-Haw appeared at Arlesburgh Yard in Sodor's Legend of the Lost Treasure.