- “Oh, no! I've broken my lucky trucks! I'm not going anywhere without my lucky trucks!”
Henry's Lucky Day is the eighth episode of the eleventh series.
The winter holidays are coming and the engines are having a hard time clearing the tracks, except Henry because none of his lines are covered. When Henry arrives at the sheds, no one else is there but Thomas who tells Henry that he is the only engine who makes all his deliveries on time and attributes Henry's good fortune to his lucky trucks. All the engines are asleep except Henry who is happy that he will always be on time.
When Henry arrives at the yards to collect his lucky trucks, he finds they are not there. Thomas tells Henry that Edward took them to deliver coal to the villagers. Sir Topham Hatt arrives and chooses Henry to deliver some presents from the airport. But Henry goes to look for Edward to get his lucky trucks back, but he has a hard time going up a hill and the rails are icy which makes him go all the way back down the bottom. Henry soon comes upon an avalanche and says if he had his trucks it would not have happened. Henry soon sees James and Molly with Rocky clearing some pipes blocking Henry's line. The line is cleared but soon there are more delays when Thomas is on Henry's track because he is clearing the line.
Finally, Henry finds his lucky trucks in the forest where Edward is, but he cannot stop in time and crashes into the trucks, destroying them. Henry refuses to leave without his lucky trucks, but Edward reminds him that he has to collect the present train. Henry realises that there is no way to make his delivery on time but to go on his way without them. Fortunately, he is able to make to the top of the hill despite the icy rails and makes it to the airport where he collects his deliveries. After giving the children their presents, Henry realises that his trucks were not lucky after all, but he still feels lucky when he sees the children smiling.
- Sir Topham Hatt
- Gordon (does not speak)
- Percy (cameo)
- Emily (cameo)
- Sir Topham Hatt's Blond-haired Assistant (cameo)
- Alice (cameo)
- The Storyteller (cameo)
- Going by production order, this is the fourteenth episode of the eleventh series.
- Molly's role was not featured in the first draft of the script, according to SiF.
- This was the first and only episode where Emily had an alternative sleeping face.
- This was the last episode to have:
- Thomas, Gordon, James and Percy seen with their sleeping faces and Edward with his wincing face.
- Henry's original perspex model being used when he backs onto and takes away a presents train at the airport.
- When Thomas and Henry are in Tidmouth Sheds, Henry's face is slightly off-centre.
- When Henry discovers his lucky trucks are missing, the yard is empty, but in the next scene, Thomas and his trucks suddenly appear.
- Alice is seen with the rest of the children on Maithwaite platform but is missing in the close-up.
- In a rare behind the scenes photo, Henry is smiling after he destroys his lucky trucks.
- Henry's wheels slip briefly when the avalanche falls on his line.
- My Thomas Story Library - The Snowy Special (discontinued)
- Engine Adventures - The Snowy Special
- Magazine Stories - Hooray for Henry!
In Other Languages