|This article is about the DVD. You may be looking for the episode, the Step into reading book, the promotional DVD or the storybook.|
Henry and the Elephant, formerly named The Gallant Old Engine and Other Thomas Stories, is a US and Canadian VHS/DVD release featuring six episodes from the fourth series which are narrated by George Carlin and one song. It was distributed by Anchor Bay Entertainment on VHS in 1996, 1999 and 2000, and was re-released on VHS under the title Gallant Old Engine and Other Thomas Adventures in 2001. It was later released on DVD in 2008 and re-released on DVD by Lionsgate in 2009.
PEEP! PEEP! All aboard for the Island of Sodor and new stories from Thomas and his friends. Watch as Stuart and Falcon help out when Duke isn't feeling well. See how Henry frees an elephant that's stuck in his tunnel and cheer on Rheneas as he carries his passengers home safely during a big storm.
So join Thomas, Percy and all of your crew - they have loads of adventures waiting for you.
PEEP! PEEP! Everyone's favorite #1 engine is back with more exciting stories from the Island of Sodor. Meet Bulstrode the Barge and find out how, even with his bad temper, he turned out to be really useful. Join in on the trick Stuart plays on Duke, and see how an elephant leaves Henry all washed up. So make sure your ticket is stamped and don't miss the train for another fun-filled adventure with Thomas and Friends.
Everyone's favorite #1 engine is back with more exciting stories from the Island of Sodor. Join in on the trick Stuart plays on Duke and see how an elephant leaves Henry all washed up. Make sure your ticket is stamped and don't miss the train for another fun-filled adventure with Thomas and Friends™.
- Henry and the Elephant
- You Can't Win
- Special Attraction
- Passengers and Polish
- Gallant Old Engine
- Railway Word Find Activity Sheet
- Sir Topham Hatt's Scrapbook [Version 2] from New Friends for Thomas
- On the cover of the 2001 release, a mirrored image from the fourth series episode Steam Roller is used.
- This and Rusty to the Rescue and Other Thomas Stories were the only DVD releases by Anchor Bay Entertainment to not to come with a booklet.
- This is the last US DVD to be captioned by JR Media Services Inc.
- The description says "...Join in on the trick Stuart plays on Duke..." but in the episode they are referencing, Duke is the one who played the trick.
- The 2001 cover shows Gordon without his middle lamp iron.
- On the front cover of the DVD, one of Henry's lamp irons is missing.
- On the back cover of the DVD, Sir Topham Hatt's Scrapbook is misnamed as Character Gallery.