Henry and the Ghost Train is a mini book.
One of the attractions at a new fairground is a ghost train. Henry's driver explains a ghost train is a train that rides through a tunnel and frightens the riders with spooky things. Henry scoffs at the ideas of spooks, but does not want to meet one.
Later, Henry is taking some workmen to investigate a tunnel with a fallen roof when his tender derails. Henry falls asleep waiting for help, but wakes up to be frightened by a ghost. Henry puffs away, but then encounters a skeleton crew, a Very Thin Controller, a vampire, and a ghostly Gordon.
Henry wakes to find he was dreaming, but decides not to tell anyone.
- Daisy (absent in Small version)
- Gordon (does not speak)
- Thomas (cameo)
- James (cameo)
- Sir Topham Hatt (mentioned)
- This book was released with an audio tape of the story in Australia read by Ron Haddrick.
- Daisy and the green ghost Henry encounters in his nightmare are omitted from the small book.
- In the second illustration, there is a section near Daisy's coupling hook that is not coloured in. Daisy is also missing her makeup.
- Henry has several inaccurate features in this book:
- His dome is yellow, similar to Percy.
- His bogie and tender wheels are grey.