|This article is about the episode. You may be looking for the Thai or Swedish DVDs.|
- “You'll never find me! I'm the best hider ever!"
"Well, I'm the best finder!”
- ―Percy and Thomas
Hide and Peep is the fifteenth episode of the eleventh series.
A ship is taking a while to reach Brendam and to pass the time Thomas and Percy play "Hide and Peep," with Percy hiding. Cranky asks if he can play, but Thomas says that he is too tall to hide and Cranky feels left out. Percy goes to hide.
Thomas searches everywhere to find him, but Percy is good at hiding. He looks in a shed thinking that Percy is there, but he cannot see him, and so he pretends to have found him. Percy comes out of his hiding place but sees that Thomas did not really find him. He peeps crossly that Thomas tricked him and goes to hide again. Thomas looks for him again, but pretends that the Fat Controller needs him. He arrives at the Coaling Plant shouting that the Fat Controller is here. Suddenly, Percy comes out from the coal tipper asking Thomas where the Fat Controller is, but sees that Thomas tricked him again. Thomas feels bad and promises Percy that he will not trick him again, so Percy goes to hide again.
Thomas finds the Dock manager instead and informs Thomas that the ship has finally docked. Thomas cannot find Percy and when he calls out to Percy that the ship has docked, he refuses to come out thinking it is another trick. Thomas arrives next to Cranky and tells him that he is not a very good finder and Cranky says he is too tall to be a good hider. When Thomas remembers that Cranky saw the ship far away, he asks Cranky for help and Cranky spies Rocky lowering Percy behind a wall. Thomas finds the little green saddle tank. Percy is surprised that Thomas has found him and says he is the best finder, but Thomas admits that he asked Cranky for help. This makes Percy cross, until Thomas tells him that it is time for their deliveries. They collect their deliveries and Thomas thanks Cranky saying that he is the best finder.
- The Dockyard Manager
- Rocky (does not speak)
- James (cameo)
- 'Arry or Bert (cameo)
- Salty (cameo)
- Big Mickey (faceless, cameo)
- Gordon (stock footage cameo)
- Toby (stock footage cameo)
- Sir Topham Hatt (mentioned)
- Going by production order, this is the first episode of the eleventh series.
- Extended stock footage from the eleventh series episodes Gordon and the Engineer and Thomas Sets Sail is used.
- Numerous differences were made in the individual airings and DVDs compared to the PBS and Nick Jr. airing, Fun and Games as the scenes were either alternate angled or refilmed:
- The beginning is different as there is a blue car and some workmen next to Cranky in the original version and were removed in the re-filmed version, the piles of wood and oil barrel between the tracks are removed, one of workmen have different skin colour in the re-filmed version and the timing of James and 'Arry or Bert approaching each other is different.
- In the scene of Thomas and Salty, the rolling stocks close to Thomas are replaced with different ones, the timing of Thomas and Salty approaching each other is different, the cargo in their trucks are and the two workmen are moved in both versions, and there is a caterpillar crane next to the warehouse in the original version while in the re-filmed version, there are two cars close to the warehouse.
- A deleted alternate angle of Gordon and the Engineer is used, there are some workmen next to the blue and green cars and Toby has a different face mask.
- All the scenes of Thomas and Percy at the docks ready to play Hide and Peep are alternate angled.
- In the scene of Thomas looking for Percy, the workmen at the warehouse are moved and the clouds are in a different position.
- In the third scene of Thomas looking for Percy is an alternate angle, the caterpillar crane and the flatbed are moved.
- The fourth scene of Thomas looking for Percy is an alternate angle with the soft-sided Lorries moved and beside the small building, there is a blue car in original version while in the re-filmed version, their are two red cars.
- An alternate angle of Thomas deciding to pretend the Fat Controller was here is used and the clouds are in a different position.
- An alternate angle of Percy leaving the coaling plant is used and the clouds are in a different position.
- An alternate angle of Thomas arriving at the docks is used with colour and number of cars next to the warehouse are different and there are two soft sided lorries next to the crane in the original version while there's only one in the re-filmed version.
- The close-up of Thomas is an alternate angle.
- An alternate angle of Thomas trying to tell Percy that the ship docked is used with more steam comes out in the re-filmed version when in the original version there is less steam coming out and the crates next to the coal bunker are a different colour.
- An alternate angle of Thomas going to Rocky is used with Thomas having different face masks, there are different rolling stocks and the materials on the ground are moved.
- The title is a pun on the game "Hide and Seek."
- S.S. Vienna and Big Mickey's models from TUGS can be seen.
- When Thomas goes into the warehouse, Diesel's new engine from the tenth series episode, Emily and the Special Coaches is visible.
- This marks Cranky's last speaking role in an episode until the thirteenth series episode, Creaky Cranky.
- Elements of this episode seem to be based on "The Boy Who Cried Wolf."
- When the narrator says "steamed by sidings and wheeshed alongside warehouses" Thomas appears to be travelling through the same place twice but with a different arrangement of trucks in the shots.
In Other Languages
Home Media Releases