|This article is about the Story Library book. You may be looking for the character or the Engine Adventures book.|
Hiro , re-titled Hiro the Old Steam Engine in 2011 and Thomas Helps Out in 2015, is the sixty-third book in the My Thomas Story Library series.
Thomas discovers an abandoned engine named Hiro, who was the first engine to arrive on Sodor. Fearing that Hiro will be sent to the smelters, Thomas promises to repair him. But Spencer attempts to foil Thomas' plans, until Hiro has to help him out of trouble. After that, Hiro decides to go back to his homeland.
- Sir Topham Hatt
- Edward (does not speak)
- Gordon (does not speak)
- James (does not speak)
- Annie and Clarabel (do not speak)
- Hiro's Hideout
- Sodor Steamworks
- Tidmouth Sheds
- The Fenland Track
- Brendam Docks
- The Duke and Duchess of Boxford's Summer House (mentioned)
- Knapford Yards (mentioned)
- Japan (mentioned)
- Sodor Ironworks (mentioned)
- This book is based on the 2009 special, Hero of the Rails.