- “My favourite engine has to be Paxton the diesel. He may be a little rough around the edges but he's a kind and very funny diesel. He's a bit of a clown...just like me!”
- ―Ian McCue on Paxton, 2015 Licensing Source Book Interview
Ian McCue is an English producer, writer, television executive and voice actor.
He is the senior creative executive producer at HiT Entertainment/Mattel Creations for all of its brands, including Thomas & Friends. During the fifteenth season, he served as a line producer alongside Denise Green. He worked alongside Halim Jabbour until Jabbour left the series. He also wrote the Thomas' Comedy Showtime and Meet the Contenders shorts for the official YouTube channel, as well as Thomas & Friends in 4-D: Bubbling Boilers. He served as producer for the sixteenth through twentieth seasons and all eight specials in that time. He now serves as "creative executive". He joined HiT in 2008.
He launched Festivus, an animation networking and social event he ran for years. He has overseen the production of some of the UK's most well known children's TV series. In 2011, he won the Beyond the Call of Duty Award for his time as a children's producer.
- Season 15 (line producer)
- Season 16
- Season 17
- Season 18
- Season 19
- Season 20
- Season 21 (creative executive)
- Season 22 (creative executive)
- Day of the Diesels
- Blue Mountain Mystery
- King of the Railway
- Tale of the Brave
- The Adventure Begins
- Sodor's Legend of the Lost Treasure
- The Great Race
- Journey Beyond Sodor
- Big World! Big Adventures! (supervising producer)
- Thomas is Leaving Sodor for the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade!
- Thomas' Comedy Showtime
- Meet the Contenders
- Thomas & Friends Adventures Shorts