- “My favourite engine has to be Paxton the diesel. He may be a little rough around the edges but he's a kind and very funny diesel. He's a bit of a clown...just like me!”
- ―Ian McCue on Paxton, 2015 Licensing Source Book Interview
Ian McCue is an English producer, writer, television executive and voice actor.
He is the senior creative executive producer at HiT Entertainment/Mattel Creations for all of its brands, including Thomas & Friends. During the fifteenth series, he served as a line producer alongside Denise Green. He worked alongside Halim Jabbour until Jabbour left the series. He also wrote the Thomas' Comedy Showtime and Meet the Contenders shorts for the official YouTube channel, as well as Thomas & Friends in 4-D: Bubbling Boilers. He served as producer for the sixteenth through twentieth series and all eight specials in that time. He served as "creative executive" during the twenty-first series and twenty-second series, before becoming producer again from the twenty-third series after Micaela Winter left Mattel in August 2018. He joined HiT in 2008.
He launched Festivus, an animation networking and social event he ran for years. He has overseen the production of some of the UK's most well known children's TV series. In 2011, he won the Beyond the Call of Duty Award for his time as a children's producer.
- Series 15 (line producer)
- Series 16
- Series 17
- Series 18
- Series 19
- Series 20
- Series 21 (creative executive)
- Series 22 (creative executive)
- Series 23
- Day of the Diesels
- Blue Mountain Mystery
- King of the Railway
- Tale of the Brave
- The Adventure Begins
- Sodor's Legend of the Lost Treasure
- The Great Race
- Journey Beyond Sodor
- Big World! Big Adventures! (supervising producer)
- Thomas is Leaving Sodor for the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade!
- Thomas' Comedy Showtime
- Meet the Contenders
- Thomas & Friends Adventures Shorts
- Since he joined the voice cast, McCue has never voiced any major vehicle characters. As another note, most of his roles are in a duo with Rob Rackstraw.