Knapford Sheds is an engine shed situated in Knapford Yards.
History and Operations
The Railway Series
Knapford Sheds was constructed during the rebuilding of the Ffarquhar Branch Line that occurred in 1956. It is a two berth shed located at the end of a short siding, slightly north of the station. Since shortly after Daisy's arrival in 1960, Toby, Henrietta and Elsie have generally been sheded overnight here instead of at Ffarquhar Sheds. Victoria would join them in 2007.
Thomas & Friends
Knapford Sheds is a large eight-berth shed, with a smaller maintenance shed located alongside. Emily, Arthur, Salty, Harvey, and Murdoch were first based here. Spencer also stayed here on his first visit to Sodor. The shed also consists of a repair shed and a foundry, where Bulgy was repaired and later converted into a vegetable Stand on Wheels. Thomas had to stay at Knapford Sheds with Emily after Tidmouth Sheds was demolished to make way for the new sheds, in Calling All Engines!. After the new sheds were constructed, Emily moved from here to Tidmouth. After James had an accident that resulted in Tidmouth Sheds being damaged, Thomas had to spend a week at Knapford Sheds while the main roundhouse was being repaired.
Railway Series only
Television Series only
- Series 7 - Something Fishy, Peace and Quiet, Bulgy Rides Again and Gordon and Spencer
- Series 8 - Emily's Adventure
- Series 21 - A Shed for Edward (mentioned)
- 2005 - Calling All Engines!
- According to concept art by Robert Gauld-Galliers, Vicarstown Sheds was originally planned as “Knapford Engine Shed”.
- The large-scale model of the Narrow Gauge Breakdown Train was briefly reused as a stationary crane used for set dressing at Knapford Sheds and the Works in the seventh series episodes.
- In Calling All Engines!, Knapford Sheds were referred to as the Carriage Shed, and it was stated that Emily lived there on her own.