Knapford Yards is a large shunting yard located in Knapford. It has a plenty of sidings for trucks and a carriage shed. It also has a high-level section of track, although it is unknown where it leads.
Knapford Yard has been seen frequently since debuting in
The Railway Series. Stafford and Charlie seem to be based here. Stanley, Diesel and Philip have also been seen working here.
- Series 2 Saved from Scrap, Old Iron, Percy and the Signal, Duck Takes Charge, Pop Goes the Diesel, Dirty Work and Wrong Road
- Series 3 A Scarf for Percy, Donald's Duck (, deleted scene) Thomas, Percy and the Dragon, The Trouble with Mud, No Joke for James and Trust Thomas
- Series 4 Thomas and Stepney and Toad Stands By
- Series 8 Thomas and the Tuba, Thomas to the Rescue, Henry and the Wishing Tree (, deleted scene) Emily's New Route and Thomas Gets it Right (
mentioned) - Series 9 Thomas and the Rainbow, Molly's Special Special, Thomas Tries His Best, Thomas' New Trucks and Flour Power
- Series 11 Emily's Rubbish, Hector the Horrid!, Dream On, Henry's Lucky Day and Edward and the Mail
- Series 12 Henry Gets it Wrong, Heave Ho Thomas!, James Works it Out, Tram Trouble, Don't Go Back ( and stock footage) Thomas Puts the Brakes On
- Series 13 The Early Bird, Play Time, Time For a Story and Splish Splash Splosh
- Series 15 Stuck on You and Fiery Flynn
- Series 16 Thomas and the Sounds of Sodor, Thomas and the Rubbish Train and Welcome Stafford
- Series 17 Steamie Stafford, Henry's Hero, Not Now, Charlie!, The Lost Puff, Bill or Ben?, No More Mr. Nice Engine and Gone Fishing
- Series 18 Old Reliable Edward, Not So Slow Coaches, Disappearing Diesels, Toad's Adventure, Thomas the Quarry Engine, Missing Gator, Long Lost Friend, Emily Saves the World, Timothy and the Rainbow Truck and Samson at Your Service
- Series 19 Helping Hiro, The Beast of Sodor, Best Engine Ever and Philip to the Rescue
- Series 20 Diesel and the Ducklings, Bradford the Brake Van, Saving Time, Pouty James, Letters to Santa, All in Vain, Engine of the Future, The Christmas Coffeepot and Over the Hill
- Series 21 Springtime for Diesel, The Fastest Red Engine on Sodor and The Big Freeze
- Series 22 An Engine of Many Colours and Hunt the Truck
- Series 23 Chucklesome Trucks and Gordon Gets the Giggles
Knapford Yards has had numerous modifications throughout the years:
The carriage shed behind the yard is removed.
The size of the town around the yard drastically shrinks.
Tale of the Brave:
Points are added to allow access in-between each line.
Since the twentieth series, a coal hopper has frequently been seen in the yards, however it disappears inbetween episodes.