Lower Tidmouth station consists of two platforms, with the eastern platform having the station building and the western platform having a brick shelter. Three railway lines pass through. A road bridge is located nearby.
Every summer, the stationmasters on Sodor participate in a friendly competition for the most beautiful station on the Island. One year, Percy was given the job of collecting the decorations for Lower Tidmouth, some flower bushes and garden gnomes, from Maithwaite. Both jobs required him to pass through the Maithwaite Quarry Mine which frightened him. Percy was able to successfully complete both jobs and later that week, Lower Tidmouth won the contest.
- Series 1 - Whistles and Sneezes, Thomas in Trouble and Down the Mine
- Series 3 - Time for Trouble
- Series 6 - It's Only Snow, Percy and the Haunted Mine and Thomas the Jet Engine
- Lower Tidmouth appears to be based on an unidentified station that appeared in The Railway Series story, Edward's Day Out.
- The road bridge reuses the bridge model from the bottom of Gordon's Hill.
- The station model would later be reused throughout the series, as The Old Station, Norramby Church Station, and Bertram's Mine Station.