Thomas & Friends
Lower Tidmouth station consists of two platforms, with the eastern platform having the station building and the western platform having a brick shelter. Three railway lines pass through. A road bridge is located nearby.
Every summer, the stationmasters on Sodor participate in a friendly competition for the most beautiful station on the Island. One year, Percy was given the job of collecting the decorations for Lower Tidmouth, some flower bushes, and garden gnomes, from Maithwaite. Both jobs required him to pass through the Maithwaite Quarry Mine which frightened him. Percy was able to successfully complete both jobs and later that week, Lower Tidmouth won the contest.
- Lower Tidmouth appears to be based on Cronk as it appeared during C. Reginald Dalby's time as the illustrator of the Railway Series.
- Lower Tidmouth is not featured on the original 'Railway Series' map and was created for the TV series. It is located on the Scenic Coast Route between Tidmouth and Knapford.
- The set was constructed and first used in the unaired Pilot episode, Down The Mine.
- The road bridge reuses the bridge model from the bottom of Gordon's Hill.
- The station appeared in a promotional photoshoot (photographed 9th October 1984) alongside Ringo Starr, Wilbert and Christopher Awdry.
- Lower Tidmouth appears in Series 1, 3 and 6. The station building would also be reused throughout the series, as The Old Station, Norramby Church Station and Bertram's Mine Station.
- In 1993, the station building formed part of a small diorama at the London Transport Museum.
- The original Lower Tidmouth TV props are now owned by Twitter user TomsProps. On 12 October 2019, the restored props were exhibited at the Gauge 1 Model Railway Association show's annual show, which was held in Kenilworth near Coventry, and at the Bournemouth Model Railway Exhibition in February 2020.
- The TrackMaster release of Lower Tidmouth mistakenly depicts the station as Tidmouth Hault.