|This article is about the episode. You may be looking for the VHS/DVD.|
- “Why should a splendid engine like me take messy coal trucks/cars instead of coaches? Percy or Oliver should do it, they're not as important as I am!"
"James, why don't you think about something or someone else for a change? You'll be surprised how much better you'll feel if you do."
"Pah! Being important is the only thing for me to think about!”
- ―James and Thomas
After James angrily complains about pulling coal trucks, Thomas tells him to think of other things and other people.
Meanwhile, Percy and Oliver witness Tiger Moth flying with a banner that is promoting the Harry Topper's Fair at Tidmouth Bay. They then head to Brendam Docks to pick up something for the fair, which turns out to be wooden horses for the carousel ride.
When James is shunting trucks, he sees Mrs. Kyndley, who discovered that her sister cannot visit her. Sir Topham Hatt soon hears the news and send Harold to pick her up. James is happy when Harold gives her a ride, where she saw a bird's-eye view of the Island.
James later takes Mrs. Kyndley on a mystery tour and Mrs. Kyndley is delighted when she gets to open the seaside fair. James then agrees with Thomas that making someone happy does make him happy.
- Sir Topham Hatt
- Mrs. Kyndley
- Tiger Moth (does not speak)
- Duck (cameo)
- Donald (cameo)
- Annie and Clarabel (cameo)
- Jem Cole (cameo)
- Farmer Trotter (cameo)
- One Little Boy (cameo)
- The Crovan's Gate Policeman (cameo)
- The Ffarquhar Stationmaster's Wife (cameo)
- The Mid Sodor Railway Manager (cameo)
- Tiger Moth's Pilot (cameo)
- Harold's Pilots (cameo)
- Big Mickey (faceless; cameo)
- Skarloey (stock footage cameo)
- Peter Sam (stock footage cameo)
- Harry Topper (mentioned)
- Norramby Fishing Village
- Tidmouth Sheds
- Tidmouth Hault
- Sir Topham Hatt's Office
- Tidmouth Beach
- Brendam Docks
- Kirk Ronan
- Tidmouth Bay
- The Hay Farm (stock footage)
- Rheneas (stock footage)
- Hawin Doorey
- Hawin Doorey Castle (stock footage)
- Stock footage from Four Little Engines, Peter Sam and the Refreshment Lady, Thomas and the Rumours and Sir Topham Hatt's Holiday is used.
- The fairground carousel plays a jukebox arrangement of the original theme tune.
- This episode's title is named after a song from the musical Do Re Mi.
- This episode marks the last of a few things:
- Mrs. Kyndley's last speaking role to date.
- The last appearance of Kirk Ronan station in the television series seemingly replacing Knapford.
- The last appearance of Tidmouth Hault in the television series to date, not counting a deleted scene in the next episode.
- The last appearance of the Tar Tankers until the tenth series episode, Toby's Afternoon Off.
- The last time that Tiger Moth is referred to by name in the television series to date.
- Going by release date, the last episode narrated by Diego Brizzi for Latin America.
- This is the last episode where James has Duck's high pitched whistle (from Series 4) to date.
- This is the last episode where Percy is seen without a headlamp.
- When Oliver and Percy go to collect the fairground equipment from the docks, the carousel horses are unloaded in a large-scale model of a slate truck.
- Izzy Gomez, S.S. Vienna, some fishing boats and the three berth garage from TUGS appear in the episode.
- The Ffarquhar Stationmaster's House is visible behind Percy at Tidmouth Hault.
- This episode is titled James' Special Treat on The Roku Channel.
- Annie and Clarabel are seen in their old liveries in stock footage and in a later scene.
- After Mrs. Kyndley says, "My sister has rung to tell me she can't come to stay with me! I was so looking forward to her visit!" James releases steam but there is no steam sound effect heard.
- In the German dub of this episode, when Percy and Oliver arrive at Brendam Docks, Manfred Steffen incorrectly refers to Oliver as Thomas.
- When Harold takes off at Dryaw, Percy is seen pulling tankers, but he was supposed to be with Oliver. Additionally, Percy's lamp disappears for the rest of the episode, apart from the end.
- Because stock footage is used, Peter Sam has his old funnel.
- When James leaves the yards, docks, and Kirk Ronan, he has his fourth series whistle sound.
- Some of the stalls at the fair change positions.
- Cranky: Hey you, down there! I'm playing Lucky Dip in the tramper's hold and all these are for you!
- [the workmen unveil what Cranky has unloaded]
- Percy: Wooden horses, for the carousel ride! It's going to be a very exciting fair!
- James: You were quite right, Thomas. Making someone happy does cheer you up.
In Other Languages
Home Media Releases