Thomas & Friends
Thomas first met Marcia and Marcio while he was collecting eucalyptus wood from the Plantation for Gabriela. When the two expressed a desire to explore beyond their home railway, Thomas offered to swap jobs with them for the day.
During their journey to Guanabara Bay, Marcia and Marcio both ran out of eucalyptus wood multiple times, meaning they had to use the supplies on their flatbeds. When these eventually ran out, they were stranded in the Amazon Rainforest.
Eventually, with the help of Emerson, Thomas found the pair and collected some more eucalyptus wood for them to complete their journey with. After delivering the wood to the docks, Marcia and Marcio returned to their home on the eucalyptus railway.
Marcia and Marcio are twins and often work together. They have a habit of talking simultaneously, which can be confusing when introducing themselves to new engines. The two love their home railway, though they long to be able to see more of the world.
Marcia and Marcio are based on the Associação Brasileira de Preservação Ferroviária (ABPF) wood-burning locomotive No. 215 Maria Fumaça, built in 1912 by Baldwin Locomotive Works and exported to Brazil.
Marcia and Marcio have been partially modified from their original basis. Whereas the real No. 215 is metre gauge, Marcia and Marcio have been scaled up to standard gauge. Additionally, they have been fitted with buffers and screw-link couplings, allowing them to work with British rolling stock.
Marcia and Marcio's boilers are painted green with bronze lining, however while Marcio's smokebox is green, Marcia's is black. Marcio's cab is black with red window frames, while Marcia's is green with red window frames. Their domes are painted black with bronze and green bands. Their tenders are also painted in opposite colour schemes: while Marcio's is painted green with a black roof, Marcia's is black with a green roof.
- Marcia and Marcio's eccentric rods are not animated properly as they do not complete a full rotation around their larger connecting rods.
- Some parts of Marcia and Marcio's models are reused from Beau. These include:
- Their bells.
- Their cylinders.
- Their wheels.
- Their bufferbeams and cowcatchers, albeit with added screwlink couplings.
- Their tenders, albeit with added railings and canopies.
- Aside from facial features and colour, the two are differentiated physically by the way of two red cylinders hanging beside Marcia's face via small struts, resembling earrings.