Martin T. Sherman (born in Evanston, Illinois, 28 November 1966) is an American actor, voice actor, voice director, writer, and director who provided voices for the US dub of Thomas & Friends from 2009-2015.
He started acting around the age of 9 at a local Jewish community centre in Florida. He also provides voices for several video games. Two of his better known roles are Pac-Man in the video game Pac-Man World 3 and Ryan from DreamWeb.
- Thomas (Hero of the Rails - eighteenth series)
- Percy (Hero of the Rails - eighteenth series)
- Diesel (King of the Railway - eighteenth series)
- The Bird Watcher (Henry's Good Deeds)
- Some Children (Time For a Story, Pop Goes Thomas and Toby and Bash)
- Some Sodor United Football Players (Pingy Pongy Pick Up)
Departure from the Series
In 2014, it was announced that Sherman would leave his roles on Thomas & Friends due to contractual disagreements with the production team. He announced his departure via The SiF Blog in July. In the post, he claimed to be feeling exploited and complained about the low wage the series was paying him. He also apologised to any fans who might be affected by his departure.
Later that month, in an interview with The Guardian, he stated that HiT Entertainment had threatened him with legal action if the blog post was not removed. Sherman said he felt bullied and silenced and was reportedly seeking legal advice regarding the blogpost. The blogpost was later removed. In the same Guardian interview, HiT Entertainment refused to comment on the contracts it has with its talent and wished Martin Sherman the best in his future professional endeavours.
As for his roles, Joseph May took over the voice of Thomas starting with The Adventure Begins, Christopher Ragland took over the role of Percy and Kerry Shale took over the role of Diesel, respectively, in the nineteenth series.
- In an interview with Sodor Island Fansite, he said he had auditioned for Henry, but Kerry Shale got the part instead.