Michael Brandon (born on 20 April 1945 in Brooklyn, New York City, New York, USA as Michael Feldman) is an American actor who narrated from the eighth to sixteenth series (2004-2012). He also narrated some of the Thomas DVD menus of Hooray for Thomas and Other Adventures, Thomas' Sodor Celebration, Tales from the Tracks and Come Ride the Rails in 2006, and re-narrated six episodes from the sixth series, and all episodes from the seventh series, as Michael Angelis replaced Alec Baldwin briefly.
Brandon has appeared in other television shows and movies such as "Dempsey and Makepeace", "The Nanny", "Dinotopia", "The Division", "Ally McBeal", "The Catherine Tate Show", "Murder She Wrote", "New Tricks", "Try This One for Size", and "Doctor Who".
He was first married to Lindsay Wagner. He later married "Dempsey and Makepeace" co-star Glynis Barber, best known for her role in "EastEnders".
- Brandon is the third narrator who has narrated episodes in seasons prior to the series in which he begins as narrator in the US, the first being George Carlin.
- Since voice actors for individual characters were introduced, Brandon is the only narrator to also voice at least one character in his respective region's script at the same time as narrating the script.
- When the first several episodes of the seventeenth series were aired on PBS, Brandon was mistakenly credited as the narrator instead of Mark Moraghan.
- Michael Brandon is credited alongside Alec Baldwin on the US version of the Promotional Thomas and the Jet Engine DVD even though the disc only had the episode Thomas and the Jet Engine which was narrated by Alec Baldwin.
- He, alongside Óscar Gómez, Ron Druyan, Aku Laitinen, Dan Schatzberg and Blanche Ravalec have been the only narrators in the CGI series to both narrate and voice characters.
- Brandon is the first narrator not to use his actual voice as his narrating voice. The next two would be John Hasler and Joseph May, the current voice actors for Thomas who narrate as of Series 22.
- He watched the TV series with his son for many years before he became narrator for the US dub of the show.