Mr. Perkins' Railway is a series of informative segments featured on Thomas and Friends.
They originally aired in the US from PBS, then released as bonus features on certain DVDs in both the US and UK.
- Sounds of The Railway - Mr. Perkins learns all about different sounds on a railway. (PBS Airing: Look and Listen & There's Always a Good Explanation & The Thomas Way US DVD)
- How Steam Engines Use Water - Mr. Perkins learns how steam locomotives make their steam. (PBS Airings: Fire and Water & Jurassic Sodor & Wild Water Rescue and Other Engine Adventures US DVD)
- Who Works on The Railway? - Mr. Perkins learns about important people on a railway. (PBS Airings: Just Being Yourself & Finders Keepers)
- Railway Maintenance - Mr. Perkins learns how engines are fixed in the workshop. (PBS Airing: Someone to Look Up To)
- Different Sizes - Mr. Perkins learns about standard and narrow gauge tracks.
- End of the Day - Mr. Perkins learns what the engines do at the end of the day. (PBS Airing: Spooky Charms)
- Miniature Railway - Mr. Perkins learns about minimum gauge engines. (PBS Airing: Tinsels and Trains)
- Washdown - Mr. Perkins learns how engines get cleaned. (PBS Airings: Snow Stops Play, Please be Patient! & Lost and Found)
- Different Engines - Mr. Perkins learns about different types of engines and trains. (PBS Airings: Passengers & Recycle Recycle Recycle, Whale of a Tale and Other Sodor Adventures US DVD and Extraordinary Engines UK DVD)
- Turning Around - Mr. Perkins learns what happens to an engine when it reaches the end of the line. (PBS Airings: Tricks and Tales & Special Deliveries)
- How Steam Engines Use Coal - Mr. Perkins learns how steam locomotives use coal. (PBS Airings: Illuminating Minds, Telling Tales & Christmas on Sodor UK/AUS/US DVD)
- Signals and Points - Mr. Perkins learns how signals and points are used on the railway. (PBS Airing: Take it Easy)
- Different Diesels - Mr. Perkins learns how there are different types of diesel engines and how they work. (PBS Airing: Sea and Sand & On the Go with Thomas UK DVD)
- The Mr. Perkins Railway segments are part of the half hour blocks on TV, but although they are credited on the Nick Jr. UK broadcasts, they are cut out.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.