|This article is about the episode. You may be looking for the US DVD.|
- “Its a good thing you steamers don't use diesel!”
- ―Miss Jenny to Isobella
Mud Glorious Mud is the thirteenth and last episode of Jack and the Sodor Construction Company.
The Pack are digging foundations for the new dairy barn, but one by one they start to run out of fuel and become stuck. The lorry that was about to deliver the needed fuel breaks down, so Thomas is told to deliver the fuel to Isobella at Cronk. It is then up to Isobella to deliver the fuel to the site and get the rest of the Pack up and running.
- Sir Topham Hatt
- Miss Jenny
- The Ffarquhar Policeman
- The Foreman
- Henry (cameo)
- Gordon (cameo)
- James (cameo)
- Salty (cameo)
- Trevor (cameo)
- Oliver (cameo)
- Max and Monty (cameo)
- Byron (cameo)
- The title is a line from the chorus of the popular Flanders and Swann song, The Hippopotamus. The line was previously said by Alfie in A Happy Day for Percy.
- This was the last episode of several things:
- The last episode of Jack and the Sodor Construction Company.
- The last episode devised and produced by Phil Fehrle.
- The last episode written by Jonathan Trueman.
- The last episode to have a run time of four minutes and thirty seconds.
- Isobella's and Byron's last appearances to date, as well as the last time until Mines of Mystery where Byron is indirectly mentioned.
- The last appearances of the Pack and Miss Jenny until the special The Great Discovery.
- The Pack's last leading roles and appearances to date in the mini-series, until the twentieth series episode Mucking About.
- This is the only Jack and the Sodor Construction Company episode where Gordon, Salty and Trevor appear.
- When all the machines run out of fuel, Byron is seen smiling behind Jack.
- During the very first shot of the Pack, the scene is sped up. But as Alfie is seen leaving, the scene suddenly slows down and reverses for a second.
- The narrator says that water was up to Isobella's axles, but the water barely reached her tyres.
- Despite all of the machines running out of fuel, Oliver's bucket arm moves right as the camera cuts when the narrator says, "By now, the machines were out of fuel!"
- When Isobella arrives with the fuel drums, the mud on Alfie's chassis is dry but the mud on the other machines was wet.
In Other Languages
|Dutch||Isobella Warboel Door|
Home Media Releases
UK DVD Boxsets
AUS DVD Boxsets