Nick Jr. is a television programming block on Nickelodeon and an American/English television channel owned by Paramount Global. They aired Thomas & Friends in the UK, Ireland, Australia, the Netherlands, India and the US. They also helped to produce the seventh series of Thomas & Friends.
Nick Jr. started airing Thomas & Friends in 1999 in the UK and Ireland daily. The sixth series premiered on this channel in 2002. From 2004 to 2010, they had a night-time block called Nick Jr. Classics (formerly known as Noggin from 2004-2005) that aired episodes of David Mitton's time as director. On August or another month 2004 or 2005 during weekends, they paired two episodes from the eighth and ninth series. Thomas & Friends began airing new episodes on the weekdays as well in 2005. Nick Jr. Too (formally known as Nick Jr. 2) started airing Thomas & Friends from 2006, which aired Series 10. These airings were also used on the US television network, PBS Kids and on the Canadian television network, Treehouse TV. Thomas & Friends was taken away from Nick Jr. sometime in 2014, but continued to air on Nick Jr. Too until early 2017 before being moved to Cartoonito in March 2017. However, the Nick Jr. Website still features the Thomas & Friends activities. After Cartoonitio aired Thomas & Friends, the episodes in the half-hour airings of Thomas & Friends on Nick Jr. Too were divided into two time-slots repeating the opening, Engine Roll Call song and ending and not having the songs that come in the middle of the airings and the "Today on the Island of Sodor" opening. In October 2021, it was announced that All Engines Go would expand globally, and was sold to broadcasters around the world, in which Nick Jr. would broadcast All Engines Go in the UK and Ireland, alongside Milkshake!.
In the Netherlands, Nick Jr. aired the first series up until the thirteenth series as part of Nickelodeon's main programming and on Nick Jr.'s own 24/7 TV channel. Nick Jr. always aired standalone episodes. Nick Jr.'s logo was featured on the front cover of the Dutch DVD releases of the first series to the fourth series by Bridge Entertainment.
In the US during the Summer of 2000, they aired the second and third series of Shining Time Station to promote Thomas and the Magic Railroad. Some episodes of Thomas & Friends also played as small segments during commercial breaks before the next show while Shining Time Station was on the air. Thomas & Friends also came to Nick Jr. in Australia for a while.
The Thomas & Friends partnership with PBS ended on 31 December 2017 and the Christmas/Winter episodes of the twenty-first series were broadcast on Nick Jr. as a special holiday program. Starting on 12 March 2018, Nick Jr. and the main Nickelodeon channel started regularly airing Thomas & Friends again nearly eighteen years after the 2000 airings, beginning with an airing of The Adventure Begins.
As of early 2020, the Thomas & Friends partnership with Nick Jr. ended, and all traces of it were removed from the website. Shortly after the Nick Jr. partnership ended, Mattel made a deal with Netflix to stream Thomas & Friends in the US, starting from March 2020. After the announcement of the 2021 reboot, Thomas & Friends: All Engines Go, Cartoon Network acquired the broadcast rights for the show in the US.
- Nick Jr. (1999-2015)
- Nick Jr. Classics (Formerly Noggin) (2004-2010)
- Nick Jr. Too (2006-2017)
- Nick Jr. (June-August 2000; 2017-2019)
- Nick Jr. (2003-2010)
2004 - 2008
- (1st August 2004) - Thomas and the Tuba / Peace and Quiet / Percy's New Whistle
- (8th August 2004) - Thomas to the Rescue / Emily's New Coaches / Henry and the Wishing Tree
- (15th August 2004) - James Gets a New Coat / Best Dressed Engine / Thomas Saves the Day
- (22nd August 2004) - Percy's Big Mistake / Gordon and Spencer / Thomas, Emily and the Snowplough
- (29th August 2004) - Don't Tell Thomas / James and the Queen of Sodor / Emily's New Route
- (5th September 2004) - Thomas and the Firework Display / Bill, Ben and Fergus / Gordon Takes Charge
- (12th September 2004) - Spic and Span / Not So Hasty Cakes / Edward the Great
- (19th September 2004) - Squeak, Rattle and Roll / Percy Gets it Right / Thomas and the Circus
- (26th September 2004) - Thomas Gets it Right / What's the Matter with Henry? / As Good as Gordon
- (3rd October 2004) - Fish / The Old Iron Bridge / Emily's Adventure
- (10th October 2004) - Halloween / Trusty Rusty / You Can Do it, Toby!
- (17th October 2004) - James Goes Too Far / Hooray for Thomas / Chickens to School
- (24th October 2004) - Too Hot for Thomas / Salty's Stormy Tale / Percy and the Magic Carpet
- (2nd September 2005) - Percy and the Oil Painting / James and the Red Balloon / Thomas and the Rainbow
- (9th September 2005) - Thomas' Milkshake Muddle / The Spotless Record / Mighty Mac
- (16th September 2005) - Molly's Special Special / Edward the Really Useful Engine / Respect for Gordon
- (23rd September 2005) - Thomas and the Birthday Picnic / Harold and the Flying Horse / Tuneful Toots
- (30th September 2005) - Thomas and the Toy Shop / Something Fishy / Rheneas and the Dinosaur
- (7th October 2005) - Thomas and the New Engine / Bulgy Rides Again / Toby Feels Left Out
- (14th October 2005) - Thomas Tries His Best / No Sleep for Cranky / The Magic Lamp
- (21st October 2005) - Thomas and the Statue / Toby and the Windmill / Henry and the Flagpole
- (28th October 2005) - Emily Knows Best / Gordon Takes a Tumble / Thomas' Day Off
- (4th November 2005) - Thomas' New Trucks / Toby Had a Little Lamb / Duncan and the Old Mine
- (11th November 2005) - Bold and Brave / Thomas and the Search for Fergus / Skarloey the Brave
- (18th November 2005) - Saving Edward / A Bad Day for Harold / Thomas and the Golden Eagle
- (25th November 2005) - Keeping Up with James / Edward's Brass Band / Flour Power
- (2nd October 2006) - Follow that Flour / A Smooth Ride
- (3rd October 2006) - Thomas and the Jet Plane / Percy and the Carnival
- (4th October 2006) - The Green Controller / Duncan Drops a Clanger
- (5th October 2006) - Thomas' Tricky Tree / Toby's Afternoon Off
- (6th October 2006) - It's Good to be Gordon / Seeing the Sights
- (7th October 2006) - Fearless Freddie / Toby's New Shed
- (8th October 2006) - Big Strong Henry / Sticky Taffy Thomas
- (9th October 2006) - Which Way Now? / Thomas and the Shooting Star
- (10th October 2006) - Edward Strikes Out / Topped Off Thomas
- (11th October 2006) - Wharf and Peace / Thomas' Frosty Friend
- (12th October 2006) - Emily and the Special Cars / Thomas and the Colors
- (13th October 2006) - Thomas and the Birthday Mail / Duncan's Bluff
- (14th October 2006) - Missing Cars / Thomas and the Treasure
- (15th October 2006) - James the Second Best / Thomas and Skarloey's Big Day Out
- (3rd September 2007) - Thomas and the Storyteller / Emily and the Garbage
- (4th September 2007) - Dream On / Dirty Work
- (5th September 2007) - Hector the Horrid / Gordon and the Mechanic
- (6th September 2007) - Thomas and the Spaceship / Henry's Lucky Day
- (7th September 2007) - Thomas and the Lighthouse / Thomas and the Big Bang
- (8th September 2007) - Smoke and Mirrors / Thomas Sets Sail
- (9th September 2007) - Don't be Silly, Billy / Edward and the Mail
- (10th September 2007) - Hide and Peep / Toby's Triumph
- (11th September 2007) - Thomas and the Runaway Car / Thomas in Trouble
- (12th September 2007) - Thomas and the Stinky Cheese / Percy and the Baggage
- (15th December 2017) - The Christmas Coffeepot
- (18th December 2017) - Over the Hill
- (19th December 2017) - Daisy's Perfect Christmas
- (20th December 2017) - Emily in the Middle
- (21st December 2017) - The Big Freeze
- (22nd December 2017) - Terence Breaks the Ice
- (12th March 2018) - The Adventure Begins
- (13th March 2018) - Unscheduled Stops / Springtime for Diesel
- (14th March 2018) - Dowager Hatt's Busy Day / Stuck in Gear
- (15th March 2018) - Blown Away / Wild Water Rescue
- (16th March 2018) - The Little Engine Who Raced Ahead / Philip to the Rescue
- (19th March 2018) - P.A. Problems / Hasty Hannah
- (20th March 2018) - Runaway Engine / Confused Coaches
- (21st March 2018) - Slow Stephen / Two Wheels Good
- (22nd March 2018) - Reds vs Blues / Best Engine Ever
- (23rd March 2018) - Engine of the Future / Hugo and the Airship
- (16th April 2018) - Three Steam Engines Gruff
- (17th April 2018) - Henry in the Dark
- (18th April 2018) - Skiff and the Mermaid
- (19th April 2018) - The Missing Breakdown Train
- (14th May 2018) - Pouty James
- (15th May 2018) - The Way She Does It
- (16th May 2018) - The Other Side of the Mountain
- (17th May 2018) - Who's Geoffrey?
- (2nd July 2018) - Journey Beyond Sodor (Part 1)
- (3rd July 2018) - Journey Beyond Sodor (Part 2)
- (4th July 2018) - Journey Beyond Sodor (Part 3)
- (5th July 2018) - Diesel and the Ducklings / Toad and the Whale
- (6th July 2018) - Mike's Whistle / Useful Railway
- (23rd July 2018) - Sodor's Legend of the Lost Treasure (Part 1)
- (24th July 2018) - Sodor's Legend of the Lost Treasure (Part 2)
- (25th July 2018) - Sodor's Legend of the Lost Treasure (Part 3)
- (26th July 2018) - Philip's Number/A Most Singular Engine
- (27th July 2018) - Very Important Sheep/Mucking About
- (13th August 2018) - The Great Race (Part 1)
- (14th August 2018) - The Great Race (Part 2)
- (15th August 2018) - The Great Race (Part 3)
- (16th August 2018) - Cranky at the End of the Line / New Crane on the Dock
- (17th August 2018) - The Fastest Red Engine on Sodor / A Shed for Edward
- (7th September 2018) - Big World! Big Adventures!
- (1st October 2018) - Number One Engine / Thomas in the Wild
- (3rd December 2018) - Trusty Trunky / School of Duck
- (4th December 2018) - Outback Thomas / The Case of the Puzzling Parts
- (5th December 2018) - Runaway Car / Hunt the Car
- (6th December 2018) - Thomas Goes to Bollywood / Confusion Without Delay
- (7th December 2018) - Forever and Ever / What Rebecca Does
- (15th December 2018) - Kangaroo Christmas / Thomas' Animal Ark
- (2nd February 2019) - Thomas and the Dragon / Seeing is Believing
- (23rd February 2019) - Thomas and the Monkey Palace / Apology Impossible
- (23rd March 2019) - Banjo and the Bushfire / Counting on Nia
- (6th April 2019) - Cyclone Thomas / Samson and the Fireworks
- (13th April 2019) - The Water Wheel / An Engine of Many Colors
- (4th May 2019) - Tiger Trouble / Rosie is Red
- (18th May 2019) - The Other Big Engine / Grudge Match
- (8th June 2019) - Crowning Around / Thomas Makes a Mistake
- (22nd June 2019) - Batucada / Gordon Gets the Giggles
- (6th July 2019) - Laid Back Shane / Chucklesome Trucks
- (20th July 2019) - Wish You Were Here / Diesel Glows Away
- (3rd August 2019) - Free the Roads / Heart of Gold
- (17th August 2019) - Panicky Percy / Diesel Do Right
- (31st August 2019) - Out of Site / First Day on Sodor!
- (21st September 2019) - Digs and Discoveries: All Tracks Lead to Rome
- (28th September 2019) - Digs and Discoveries: Mines of Mystery
- (12th October 2019) - Lorenzo's Solo / Too Loud, Thomas!
- (30th December 2019) - Rangers of the Rails / Deep Trouble
- In 2000, during Shining Time Station's airtime to promote Thomas and the Magic Railroad, Nick Jr. held a sweepstakes for children to enter to win a train-themed party in their home for their friends, along with Mara Wilson and a life-sized model of Thomas as special guests. Several winners would also have won a Wooden Railway Stop & Go Figure 8 set.
- Some episodes from the first series were shown on this channel in the UK and Ireland with their unaltered opening titles, whilst others were shown in the digitally remastered format. All second and third series episodes were shown with remastered opening titles. However, the fourth series episodes were shown with their Australian opening titles.
- The half hour editions of the eighth series from when they aired on Nick Jr. UK were made available on DVD in South Africa by Next Video, with the exception of "Patience".
- Between 2004 and 2005, Michael Angelis would provide voice overs in some promos.
- The Nick Jr. Thomas & Friends Party aired on 26th June 2005 as a 6 hour marathon of classic Thomas & Friends episodes at 12.00 midday after the failed 60th Anniversary attempt at Hatfield House.