Noor Jehan is an Indian diesel engine. She is known for taking visitors on a Tiger Safari, in a set of Express coaches painted in her livery.
Thomas & Friends
She was later seen being prepared for the shooting of a Bollywood movie.
Ashima told Thomas about her luxury tiger safari train and how popular it is.
Unlike Rajiv, Noor Jehan does not let her decorative looks go to her head, and berates the former for his pompous attitude. She is also calm and down-to-earth.
Noor Jehan is based on the Indian Railways WDM-2 class. Introduced in 1962, this class has gone on to become the workhorse of the Indian Railways, with over 2 800 examples built. Eight locomotives have also been sold to Sri Lanka.
Noor Jehan is painted cream with red, purple, lavender and sky blue patterns. Her roof is painted purple, her buffer beam is maroon, and her buffers are silver with black shanks.
- Series 22 - Trusty Trunky, Thomas Goes to Bollywood (cameo) and Tiger Trouble
- Series 23 - Crowning Around and Thomas Makes a Mistake
- Series 22 - All the Girls Around the World
- Sheena Bhattessa (UK/US)
- Chiaki Mori (Japan)
- Ines Nierstenhöfer (Germany)
- Alina Galindo (Latin America)
|First used||Last used||Sound Effect|
- Her name means "light of the world", which coincidentally was also the name of a former Indian queen.
- Her livery is based on the Palace On Wheels, a luxury tourist train operated by Indian Railways.
- In addition to this, her decorative tinsel is based on the decorations worn by WDM-2B No.16631 during service as the locomotive for the Palace On Wheels.