History and Operations
Thomas & Friends
The fishing village supplies the fish goods to be taken to Brendam Docks, for shipping to The Mainland. Sodor's own fish supply also comes from here. The Pier, Sodor Inn and a small platform for unloading goods are located nearby. In conjunction with the fish supplies from Brendam Docks, the Flying Kipper, pulled by Henry, also sometimes carry an extra supply of fish from the fishing village, which also gets delivered to the Mainland. In the fifth season, there was a two-tracked engine shed located here but since the seventh series, it's only a one-track engine shed.
Once, Thomas was waiting for an early morning catch of fish to be loaded into his vans, which would be taken to Brendam Docks and then delivered to the mainland via the Flying Kipper. The fishermen were using old equipment and the work was delayed. An old crane malfunctioned, dropping a crate of fish on Thomas in the process. The train was delayed even more for Henry, who was waiting to take the Flying Kipper to the Mainland. But Thomas managed to get it there before too long.
- Since the fifteenth series, there is no longer ballast underneath the rails, as they are built into the concrete.
- The engine shed is currently on display at Drayton Manor.
- In My Journey with Thomas the Tank Engine, the fishing village was said to be in Suddery, but given Sodor's nature as an island, there could be other fishing villages.
- Bulstrode was seen in the Fishing Village in Happy Ever After without his face and eye mechanism.
- Take-n-Play (discontinued)