|For other uses, see Oliver (disambiguation).|
Oliver, re-titled Oliver the Great Western Engine in 2011, is the fourteenth book in the My Thomas Story Library series.
Douglas helps save Oliver from being scrapped along with Isabel and Toad. The Fat Controller is proud of this and gives Oliver the job of working on Duck's branch line.
- The Fat Controller
- Isabel (does not speak)
- Toad (does not speak)
- Class 40 (cameo)
- Bertie (cameo)
- This book is based on the stories "Escape" and "Little Western" from the Railway Series book, Enterprising Engines.
- In the seventh illustration, Douglas does not have buffers on his tender.
- Oliver's bogie wheels are dark grey in some illustrations while in others they are the correct green colour.
- The side of Oliver's running board is red when it should be black.
- Douglas' front wheel-arches are incorrectly painted black.
- Class 40's buffers are black when they should be white. Also, his number is missing.
- In the second illustration, Class 40 appears to have a second face with no facial features. He is also missing his two back wheels and his number is still missing.
- In the fifth and sixth illustrations, modern torches are seen instead of lanterns.