- “Jammed your brakes? Ha! Ha! Ha! Silly old James! Stuck, eh?”
Percy Gets Jammed is a magazine story.
Percy is shunting trucks in the yards. The stationmaster comes running towards him and tells Percy's driver that James' brakes have jammed as he was taking a truck of fruit to market. Percy laughs at James' misfortune but James is not happy. There is no time to turn Percy around so he has to push the truck. But the buffers come into view as Percy is still giggling about James' jammed brakes. The truck smashes into the buffers, splits open and fruit goes everywhere. The Fat Controller is very cross with Percy. James thinks it serves Percy right for being cheeky and Percy knows that James is right.
- The plot was reused for the third series episode, Percy, James and the Fruitful Day.
- This story may have originally been planned for Issue 26 as a sneak peek is mentioned at the end of Wrong Road in Issue 25.
- James' face is out of proportion with his running board in the third illustration.
- Percy's buffer beam is grey instead of red in the seventh illustration.
- Percy's piston is tilted in the tenth illustration.
- James' driver is left uncoloured in the eighth illustration.
- James' number is black instead of yellow with black lining.