- “Next year, perhaps posting early for Christmas can start as soon as it likes!”
Post Early for Christmas is the third story in the 1989 Annual.
One evening, about a week before Christmas, Percy has to deliver some special mail along the branch line. All goes well until he finds a deep snowdrift in the valley. Despite having a snowplough, Percy is unable to push his way through and ends up stuck there for the night. The next day, the clouds have cleared and Harold is able to take off and collect the mail to deliver on time. Percy, on the other hand, has to wait to be pulled out the following afternoon.
- Harold (does not speak)
- Thomas (not seen; does not speak)
- Toby (not seen; does not speak)
- Donald and Douglas (mentioned)
- Sir Topham Hatt (mentioned)
- Mrs. Kyndley (mentioned)
- The second series episode, Thomas and the Missing Christmas Tree is referenced.
- Percy has Donald's snow plough throughout this story.
- This story has a similar plot to the twentieth series episode Letters to Santa.