Railway Friends is a US, Canadian, Brazilian and Latin American DVD release featuring six twelfth series episodes narrated by Michael Brandon. It is distributed by Lionsgate Entertainment and HiT Entertainment and was released on 10 February 2009. It released under the title, "Camino a la Aventura (Amigos del Ferrocarril)" for Spanish audiences, & released under the title, “Amigos da Estrada de Ferro” for Brazilian Audiences.
Hop on Board for Fun, Friendship, and Adventure
It's full steam ahead for adventure and fun in this Thomas & Friends™ collection featuring all-new CGI animation! Join Thomas, Percy, Gordon and the entire gang as they race down the tracks of Sodor to fix bridges, plan parties and learn the rewards of friendship. So grab on to your whistles and bring your best friends along for unforgettable journeys with Thomas!
- Best Friends
- The Party Surprise
- Gordon Takes a Shortcut
- Thomas Puts the Brakes On
- Saved You!
- Excellent Emily
- "Laying Down the Track" puzzle
- "Name That Train" game
- Roary the Racing Car: Roary's First Day (2009 release only)
- James Works it Out was possibly an episode originally planned for the DVD because a TrackMaster set with the same name says that it was seen on the DVD, but James does not appear in any episodes, but he does appear in the Engine Roll Call.
- On the 2013 in Full Steam Ahead and the 2014 re-release, the bonus episode of "Roary the Racing Car" is removed.
- This came in a double pack with Extraordinary Engines at Walmart.
- The US DVD has Latin American Spanish and French dubs on the DVD.
- This is is the only US DVD from Series 12 to not have games from previous releases.
- The US DVD sponsored a Valentine's Day video contest on PBS Kids' Sprout's block The Sprout Sharing Show in 2009.
- This is the only twelfth series DVD to have an advert.
- This is the first compilation Thomas and Friends DVD to be distributed by Lionsgate.
- In "Laying Down the Track" Puzzle Game, Thomas' whistle had a higher pitch.
- The music during the intro, Engine Roll Call, and end credits play at a low pitch.
- The Dairy Manager appears on the back cover, but he does not appear in any episodes.
- Percy's coupling chain is missing on the front cover.
In Other Languages
|Brazilian Portuguese||Amigos da Estrada de Ferro|
|Latin American Spanish||Camino a la Aventura (Amigos del Ferrocarril)|
- Thomas' Busy Day Set
- Percy's Day at the Farm Set
- "James Works it Out" Set
- Colin in "The Party Surprise" Set
- Colin the Crane