- “Duck! Duck! Caboose!”
- ―The Engines teasing Duck
Railway Rhymes is a book.
A fun collection of more than 30 original poems featuring 35 different friends from the Island of Sodor. Travel all over the island, at all times of year in this wonderful first book of poems with the Thomas touch.
- Donald and Douglas
- Bill and Ben
- Sir Handel
- Annie and Clarabel
- Sir Topham Hatt
- This book has sold around 700,000 copies.
- Stepney is incorrectly stated to be a narrow gauge engine.
- Skarloey doesn't have a driver.
- In the Ballad of Henry (based around The Sad Story of Henry and Edward, Gordon and Henry), Henry has his new shape.
- Annie and Clarabel have grey undercarriages and white wheels.
- On the back cover, James' smokebox saddle is not coloured black.
- Emily has black buffers and red running-boards.
- It is said that Thomas was the engine who helped saved Trevor from scrap, which is not true.
- Bertie is on the platform in the final illustration.
- Terence has eyebrows.
- Percy's step ladder is on the side of his running board when it should be underneath it.