- “Don't touch Edward! He's a working engine!”
- ―Jem Cole
Saved Again, later retitled Out of Control is a magazine story.
A train of scrap is to be taken to the scrapyards and Edward is the only engine available to take it. On the way, a clumsy signalman accidentally switches Edward onto an old branch line. Edward breaks through a boarded up tunnel and comes to a stop at the Scrapyards with a jammed wheel. His driver goes for help, but the scrapman arrives and thinks Edward is there for scrapping. Luckily, Trevor and Jem Cole arrive and stop him in time. Edward is grateful that Trevor returned the favour of saving him from scrap.
- Jem Cole
- Percy (absent in re-release)
- Sir Topham Hatt (absent in re-release)
- The Scrapman (does not speak)
- The Scrap Engines (cameo)
- The second series episode, Saved from Scrap is referenced.
- The plot is similar to the fifth series episode Stepney Gets Lost .
- Three engines appear in the scrapyards- a grey 2-4-0 tank engine with the boiler removed, a yellow tender engine with the wheels, tender and funnel removed, and a pink engine with the wheels removed.
- Edward is referred to as a "gentle express".
- Trevor is said to have a horn when he actually has a whistle.