- “A lot of nonsense about a broken signal box... Too many of those if you ask me!”
- ―Gordon, The Deputation, The Twin Engines
In signal boxes, the signalmen control the points, point locks, signals, level crossing gates and occasionally movable bridges using levers located in what is known as a lever frame. By operating the levers, signalmen can send an engine onto a siding to allow another engine to pass, for example. They may also change the indication of a signal, giving an engine directions.
- Wooden Railway (normal and Lights and Sounds)
- ERTL Gold Rail (discontinued)
- Bachmann (discontinued)
- Hornby (discontinued)
- Plarail (discontinued)
- Thomas Engine Collection Series (discontinued)
- Capsule Plarail
- Signal Boxes of various UK railways.